Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dialing into companies that require number prompts

I've searched and was not able to find an answer to this question--

How do I enter a number when dialing into an organization that has a series of prompts - i.e. please press 1 for support, please press 2 for sales THEN perhaps you are forced into yet another tree? 

Most of the time I will NOT know ahead of time and at times may have to reach someone while driving.  I have the same question for dialing extensions under the same circumstances. A million thank you's to whomever has an easy answer. Sorry if I missed it!

BTW, these are not organizations that I may necessarily ever need to call again.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Dialing into companies that require number prompts

Hi and Welcome!

So -- you are looking to know how to key in numbers after your call has been connected? Right? Not how to pre-program those numbers (with pauses and such).

Once your call is connected, you will have several smaller icons at the bottom of the screen...the one on the far left will bring up the keypad.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dialing into companies that require number prompts

Yes--Thank you! I tried that last night and it didn't seem to be accepting the number at the prompt. I tried it again just now with a different number and it works beautifully. 

I think the original number I tried calling had a very short amount of time to enter in the number response and it timed out. Thanks again! :womanvery-happy: