Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
boogie
My Device: Not Specified

Disable SurePress

Are you able do disable SurePress functionality?

It would be nice to be able to toggle it on/off.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PC-ASSIST
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: Disable SurePress

[ Edited ]

If you press the Blackberry menu button, you can "Enable" Multitap or turn the wholoe phone lansdcape for the full keyboard...

The Blackberry button is right next to the green send button on the left.

Message Edited by PC-ASSIST on 11-28-2008 01:18 PM
BrUcY

This would be an awesome feature. Giving the option to disable SurePress so you can just click the screen would be cool.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogie

I noticed while in a call, my face easily clicks the active screen and causes it to act on what ever option was highlighted :/
Please use plain text.
a28
New Contributor
a28

you can disable it, choose "Multitap" in Options - Screen/Keyboard  - Portrait view keyboard.

but there is a bug(.65) and sometimes it switchs to suretype again despite of "multitap" in options

Please use plain text.
JWH-009
My Device: Storm 1
My Carrier: Verizon

I think this is an essential feature for the storm 1 that I hope will be included in the next software update. The surpress is novel but has turned out to be irritating especially when trying to work fast on the phone I would like to be able to set when its used but turning and off or on would be a start.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Sure Press on the Storm1 will not evolve, though you can get some applications that do not require a click (for example Opera Mini or some games like Kaglom).

SurePress on the Storm2 has dramatically improved, it's hard to explain with words but typing is really much faster than on the Storm1.

The clicky screen will never be removed though. RIM has received so many technical awards with it that they won't change it. Even iPhone owners are starting to want that feature.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.