Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Developer
jeffm
My Device: Not Specified

Does the Storm have standby mode?

In the latest Storm simulator (4.7.0.61), when I hold down the mute button nothing happens. Is this expected?

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jeffm

Re: Does the Storm have standby mode?

Alright so it appears the released Storm doesn't have standby mode. Can anyone from RIM confirm this is by design or a bug?

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
emerica9138

I wonder if RIM reads these things; if so, please fix this with an OS upgrade as soon as possible. No Standby mode might be the biggest design flaw of the blackberry storm, potentially the Achilles heal in my book.

I am not a weekend warrior that has my Blackberry Storm on my holster waiting for the big email about the merger. Yeah, the phone stays in the pocket probably like 90% of other Storm users. No standby mode means the GIANT BUTTON is normally being pressed as a result of walking, sitting, you know normal things people do with their phone in their pockets. Therefore the backlight is always on and therefore the storm should have come with a huge solar charger and spare batteries.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

no, RIM do not monitor this forum. It is written in the text above all discussions list.

about your point : here is my experience : my storm is on my pocket,the screen gets clicked all the time but does not lighten up because the things that press on it are not recognised as a finger (it's mainly my handkerchiefs or plain clothe inside my pocket or my chewing gum box).

either empty your pockets so that they contain something that is not considered organic, or use a holster or socks like the iphone.
or turn your device off.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.