Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

dpm
New Contributor
dpm
My Device: Balckberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Duplicate Pictures

Whenever we download pictures to our pc there there are duplicate images. Someof the pictures are duplicated when you view them on the phone some aren't. When you try to delete the duplicated pictures on the phone it doesn't allow you to.

DPM

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Duplicate Pictures

Details, please?

What kind of pictures, you took on the camera? or downloaded from a website?

Duplicate pictures... have you uploaded any of them to any BBMessenger Group Chats?

When you try to delete them, and it "doesn't allow you to", do you get any error? Anything you can share?

You can update your profile here to provide your BlackBerry device model and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Click on My Settings > Personal Information and then SAVE at the bottom of the page.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
dpm
New Contributor
dpm
My Device: Balckberry Storm

When we receive a text message with a picture in it we save the picture to the memory card in the phone. Then when we try to download to a PC there are always two of the same picture. We go back to the phone and try to delete the duplicate picture and sometimes the phone deletes it and sometimes it doesn't. We are keeping a master file on the PC of pictures we receive from test messaging and it's a really pain because you can't simply download the pictures without deleting all the duplicates. When we connect the USB adapter we can also see the phones memory and the pictures are duplicated in the memory only on the memory card.

DPM

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I really don't know. I am wondering if your MMS message is downloading the image automatically one time, and you're manually downloading the image a second time.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chazmati
My Device: Storm 9530

I'm seeing duplicate file names when connecting via USB and viewing folders on my media card.  Very strange behavior, because Windows (or any OS) really shouldn't allow a duplicate file with the exact same name.  But that's what I see.

For example, on My Computer\BlackBerry 9530\Media Card\music\Joe Henderson\Tetragon I have a list of files like this:

01 Invitation.mp3

01 Invitation.mp3

02 R.J..mp3

02 R.J..mp3

03 The Bead Game.mp3

03 The Bead Game.mp3

04 Tetragon.mp3

04 Tetragon.mp3

05 Waltz For Zweetie.mp3

05 Waltz For Zweetie.mp3

06 First Trip.mp3

06 First Trip.mp3

07 I've Got You Under My Skin.mp3

07 I've Got You Under My Skin.mp3

My 8 GB micro SD card is reporting 12.5 GB of data, which is impossible.  Clearly there is some double-counting going on.

Worse, after I deleted the "duplicates" everything looked correct, but when I tried to copy the folder to my laptop, it was empty.  A quick check in the BB media player verified that the files are actually gone, they're not in the library.  But they still show up as a single copy in the folder.. until I disconnect and re-connect, then they're gone.

Please use plain text.
edesign7

Re: Duplicate Pictures, music

I have a Storm-1. I upload my music or photos to the SD card from my PC. I check the files and everything looks good. If I reboot or simply turn-off and turn-on the device and check the files, I now have duplicates taking up twice the memory. You can't see both files from the device, you can only see them on the PC.  If you delete one of the dups (it doesn't matter which) the file disappears on the device. The pictures are .jpg and music is .wma.  What gives?

This can't be normal. Is there a fix?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spaustin

Re: Duplicate Pictures, music

These problems are reported all over the internet but no fixes.  RIM are you listening?  Why do you report the files twice?

Please use plain text.
neelamsaxena
My Device: Not Specified

I ran into a problem of duplicate files and someone told me about www.dublicateFilesDeleter.com

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geraintpaulps
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: smart

i have a similar problem with my curve. i only have 1 photo i took using the built in camera. i created a new folder in the media card. when i transferred(copey-paste/move) the photo to the new folder, it will show at least 3 more identical photo.sometimes it would show at most 5 identical photos.  any help yet?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

geraintpaulps wrote:

i have a similar problem with my curve. i only have 1 photo i took using the built in camera. i created a new folder in the media card. when i transferred(copey-paste/move) the photo to the new folder, it will show at least 3 more identical photo.sometimes it would show at most 5 identical photos.  any help yet?

did you see the post just above yours?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.