Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: EXPECT THIS VERIZON UPDATE AROUND 1ST / 2NDWEEK OF FEB 4.7.1.100

dal553 wrote:

There are posts floating around about adjusting the screen by tightening/loosening the screws under the battery cover.  It's too bad that the techs at the stores aren't aware of this instead of wasting $$$ by exchanging units and sending them back for replacement.  The phone is more than likely fine and would only need the mentioned adjustment.  Mine was adjusted and is now fine.

I think it's a matter of dignity. as a customer, would you agree if the carrier employee gave you a McGyver solution to your problem or would you rather have it fixed? You'd want a true solution, a working device and be treated as you deserve. Very few people would be satisfied with that tip, even though it's wonderful and fast and reliable.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Xandrex wrote:

dal553 wrote:

There are posts floating around about adjusting the screen by tightening/loosening the screws under the battery cover.  It's too bad that the techs at the stores aren't aware of this instead of wasting $$$ by exchanging units and sending them back for replacement.  The phone is more than likely fine and would only need the mentioned adjustment.  Mine was adjusted and is now fine.

I think it's a matter of dignity. as a customer, would you agree if the carrier employee gave you a McGyver solution to your problem or would you rather have it fixed? You'd want a true solution, a working device and be treated as you deserve. Very few people would be satisfied with that tip, even though it's wonderful and fast and reliable.

I didn't mean for the support people to provide it as a tip...I mean the support people should know how to remove the sticker, adjust the screws, and hand it back to the customer saying "How's that or should I adjust more?"  That's more valuable to me than having them simply provide me with a new phone that may have the same issue (as some have indicated has happened to them).

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

In my opinion, support people cost more than a device. Remember : a Bold costs only around 160USD out of the factory.
It's cheaper to have devices available at every single store than having 3 support people able to do that in every single store.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Xandrex wrote:
In my opinion, support people cost more than a device. Remember : a Bold costs only around 160USD out of the factory.
It's cheaper to have devices available at every single store than having 3 support people able to do that in every single store.

Yeah...  You have a point and are probably spot on.  Sad to say, but money will always win out over customer service.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

On the flip side, I know a couple of employee's at my neighborhood Verizon store.

The majority are really "bent out of shape" that they can't get training.

It's frustrating for them.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm chiming in here b/c I see that this thread evolved into a general discussion about the Storm and the OS, etc.  I generally like the 9530, but it does bother me that so many things are just not working properly.  It should work better, period.  Is it an improvement over my last phone (Treo700p)?  Sure!  Does it do some amazing stuff?  Sure!  Does it also frustrate me?  Yes...and this is where I'm most disappointed.  It would be one thing if the frustrations were something about the more exotic features of the phone...say the 3G network or the voice dialing.  It's really just the overall performance and speed that bothers me. 

It's not up to me to determine whether this is a hardware or a software fix, but I have a feeling software upgrades, rebuilds, patches, will only fix part of the problem.