Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Angel_X
My Device: Not Specified

Editing Contacts on my Computer

How do I edit and work with my contacts information on my computer.. as it would be much faster than doing it on the phoneI do not use or have Outlook (if, in fact that would work)...  I ask Verizon, the lady said there should be an app on one of the cd's that came with the phone that does it, but they just love to move people out the door as quickly as they can......      I have hundreds of contacts and its a real headache to use the phone keyboard...   I often long for the simple, yet VERY effective, app that came with my old Palm Pilot....

any help would be treasured!!

Thank You

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Editing Contacts on my Computer

And in which appication you have the contacts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
Angel_X

My contacts were just transfered from my old phone to the storm.....    one, of many, reasons I got the storm was I "assumed" it would be incredibly versitile and come with such "PC" apps to do these kind of tasks... 
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Sorry, not
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Did you try installing anything from the CD's to see if what they told you is true or not?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Angel_X

Yes...  I installed everything....   I honestly think she didn't know and just wanted to move on to the next customer in the long, long line......    But, I would LOVE to be proved wrong (that would be the quickest solution to my question)..

If anyone knows of a program that doe's this, please let it be known :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the replys and help

Forums Veteran III
urumilton

You can use Google mobile to synch calendar and contacts

http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html  in the pc

m.google.com/sync  in the blackberry

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

According to my Desktop Manager, you can use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, or you can also synchronize with ASCII Importer/Exporter (so if you can transfer the files to ASCII), or Yahoo!

Hopefully you'll be able to use one of these methods.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
Angel_X

Thanks all!!!

If anyone else knows of other programs or ways to do this please let me know

Thanks again

Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

I will go back and look at what I found. I had the same question a couple weeks ago.

I backed up all my files on the DM. Then I opened up the folder that had the files. It came up in a format that looked like an address book. However, this was all after I spent hours on the BB editing every contact (134). I think you may be able to edit then restore to the phone.  NOW Realize, I am struggling like many others and don't really know for sure.

check it out!!!!

Steve A Benton
Boss Hoss
502 cid
502hp
BlackBerry storm.. No subsitute for Horse Power