Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
jwhit719
My Device: Not Specified

Email doesn't go to email folder

I have a gmail setup on my device and several emails show up in the messages folder but not in that email folder.  I have deleted and added that email a couple of times.  I have installed the gmail plug in for it too.  Is there a setting I am missing?  They get pushed to the device and show up as a new email icon but can only be viewed in the messages folder.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Email doesn't go to email folder

Did you mean you're getting email in the messages folder but not in individual folder?

By default all the emails land in Messages folder as well as individual mail account folder. This can't be stopped.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
jwhit719

Yes.  I have the messages folder hidden.  Some emails I get on that account, its a gmail, only show up in the messages folder.  So when a new message shows up I have to show all icons and open the messages folder instead of that specific email account. 
New Contributor
andylin

I have also encountered this problem before too

Restart the phone will Restored to normal

Contributor
jwhit719

Battery pull doesn't work.  That was the first thing I tried before I deleted and reinstalled the email address.

Contributor
sambasivam

Did anyone have solution to this. Im also encountering the same issue for long time now. It happened after the device software update. I getm message indicator on unread message and find the email only in messages folder and not in the email folder. though i read the message in messages folder the unread email message is not gone and still show the email is unread. I removed and added the email accounts several time.I have these questions

1) How to get emails in the respective email folders

2) How to fix the unread message display ( I guess first solution will help this too)

Now each time im using quickpull to restart the device and it takes away battery. Also running this quickplus is really very time consuming because of the button not working properly to run this app.

Any help is appreciated. Pls help me out Im having this problem for so long.

Contributor
My Device: Storm - Vodafone Network

Hey..well this seems to be the problem that i have too...

I am finding that since installing the latest BB update, my new email notifications come up in the msg folder and the email folder..but they are only visible in the msg folder...sometimes the new notif icon doesnt go away either....even when i have deleted the msg

also i have notice in the above posts something about "pulling the device" what does this mean?

am a little on the new side to My storm as you can prob tell...

Cheers

The summer's here and the time is right....I'm goin racing in the street...Bruce Springsteen
Contributor
sambasivam

Quick Pull is an application available for download for BB storm. It will reload the device ( will shutdown completely and then load). This actually helps in removing the unread notification and looks everything perfect from outside though the emails are not available in email folder bt messages folder.
Contributor
My Device: Storm - Vodafone Network

[ Edited ]
Top Dollar! cheers for that. *wanders off whistling to look for said app*
Message Edited by eos1nrs on 10-06-2009 07:45 PM
The summer's here and the time is right....I'm goin racing in the street...Bruce Springsteen