Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Highlighted
Ddr
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email icon disappeared

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I am very new to Blackberry, and now own the Storm. I have a problem with an icon for an email account that seems to have disappeared. Its probably a simple fix, something I bumped or did wrong,,,but I would like to restore it if I can.

I initially set up three email accounts. Each appeared on the Storm's "desktop" view with their own icon. They worked perfectly for the first 8 days that I have had the device. Then today, one of the email's icons simply disappeared. I am still recieving mail on all three. I get the same notifications I have been getting all along ( the little square message icon and a number, a (*) on the message folder icon, and a (*) on the icon for the account the email was sent to), but I am missing the desktop icon for email #3.

Everything seems to be ok in Setup/Email setup as far as I can tell.  I tried a soft reboot by taking the battery out for a minute then restarting the device, but the email icon did not come back. Next, I tried deleting the account for email #3 and reinstalling it. It confirmed deletion. It reinstalled correctly, and I am receiving email for that account, as before. But I still dont have that desktop icon showing.  I tried a soft reboot again. No luck.

Any advice on how to restore the icon to desktop?  I like the original configuration, with the main Messages folder showing, and the other three email icons there with it on the first line.

Thanks again, in advance, for any help.

Dale

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Email icon disappeared

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to to forums! Merry Christmas!

From your main screen press the menu key and see if you have the option Show all.

If you do use it, you have have hidden the icon or moved it to another folder.

Check each folder.

If that does not return the Icon go to options/advanced options./hrt tables click to enter the tables, but

do not select anything. Just press the menu key and select register now.

You will get an activation message.

Then go to the email setup icon and resend service books. You will get an email per account. Then:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks 

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-24-2008 05:38 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-24-2008 05:38 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Ddr
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the quick response, Bifocals. 

I know I have a lot to learn here...there are a lot of setup options and depth to the menu system on Blackberry Storm.

I followed your advice and clicked on the "Show All" option as you first suggested.  In that view, the icon for the missing email folder does show, but it shows greyed out....faded.  When I click the red telephone button (end button) the screen returns to not showing that folder at all.

I looked for a way to restore the folder, but was unable to find the right menu options to make it happen.  Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Ddr
New Contributor

I found it,,,there was something on that same menu that said "Hide", and apparently I got it checked somehow. I unchecked it and my folder icon shows properly now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Bifocals. Much appreciated.   Happy Holidays

Dale

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You are doing fine!!

Just highlight the email icon that is greyed out press menu an unselect HIDE.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks   

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-24-2008 05:53 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Many thanks for this solution. I woke up this morning and 3 email accounts had disappeared from my Torch 9800. All was well with my network provider and so I turned to the www. You fixed this issue in ten minutes. Thankyou.

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas