Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
mmcd1523
My Device: Not Specified

Email setup only has Blackberry Enterprise server option. Does not have internet service option

I just got my Storm and I'm trying to get it all setup.  It said that when I go to email setup I should see two options: Blackberry Internet Service and Blackberry Enterprise Server but only the Enterprise server is listed.  We don't have an enterprise server so that won't work for me.  Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email setup only has Blackberry Enterprise server option. Does not have internet service option

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Try configuring your email via the BIS website rather than the device interface. Use this link to find your carriers BIS website:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

You will have to do the "create account" first to associate BIS with your device PIN, then use these next instructions to configure your email.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

After you complete this, there should be a new icon on your BB that represents the email account you configured. (If you configure more than one, there will be more than one new icon as well.)

If you are unable to fully get into the BIS website, you might have to call your carrier to ensure that you have the proper provisioning on your account for BIS usage.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
NaimT
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optimus

Re: Email setup only has Blackberry Enterprise server option. Does not have internet service option

Hello,

Sorry I had the same problem that who post it. I read carefully the link that was posted but I still have the same problem.

The thing is: I bought an unlock blackberry and now when I want to configure an e-mail account the ony function that appears is:

"I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server" , but in fact I want to use the BB for personal use. How can I change this If i didn't buy to any provider.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

NaimT wrote:

Hello,

Sorry I had the same problem that who post it. I read carefully the link that was posted but I still have the same problem.

The thing is: I bought an unlock blackberry and now when I want to configure an e-mail account the ony function that appears is:

"I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server" , but in fact I want to use the BB for personal use. How can I change this If i didn't buy to any provider.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

Now, if by that, you mean you have no carrier...then you have no ability to have email on your BB. One requires the other. But, if you are receiving voice services from some carrier on this BB, then it is they who you must speak to.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jodieleevaughan
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi, i was just wondering if you had found out anything yet?
Ive got the same problem and i have no idea what to do!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jodieleevaughan wrote:

Hi, i was just wondering if you had found out anything yet?
Ive got the same problem and i have no idea what to do!

Hello,

If you have the same problem, then the resolutions posted above all apply to you. Please let us know exactly what about those does not work for your situation.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jwc123
My Device: blackberry curve 3520
My Carrier: virgin

I am having the same problem,

The reason the above link doesnt apply to my situation , is that it does not give my provider in the list of UK providers (ie virgin)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jwc123 wrote:

I am having the same problem,

The reason the above link doesnt apply to my situation , is that it does not give my provider in the list of UK providers (ie virgin)

Hello,

Well, you could always ring them up, I suppose...

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
stewclel
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

I just bought a refurbished 9300 from Rogers and I'm having the exact same issue. i try to set up an email account but I only have the option to set up using bb enterprise. I'm new to blackberries but this seems like it should be relatively straight foreward

Please use plain text.
TRiNiiTY
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I had this problem but what you have to do is ring up your provider (such as Vodaphone) and ask them to activate  the blackberry messenger services for you. this will enable your phone to ure the blackberry wireless signal and your email options should now change so you can setup your own email on your blackberry. Also make sure you have the latest blackberry software to make this run more smoothly.

Please use plain text.