Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
TxLSU
My Device: Not Specified

Enabling Java

Sorry if this is a very obvious question, but going to certain websites in the browser has told me that I don't have Java enabled. Could someone tell me, if it's possible, how to enable Java?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

Re: Enabling Java

[ Edited ]

See my post about Java and web pages here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&message.id=5398

Message Edited by IraIHB on 12-14-2008 01:29 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smpoole7

I'll repeat the original poster's question: how does one ensure that *Java* (not JavaScript, they're two different things!) is enabled?

In my specific case, is Java enabled (or available) in the Blackberry Storm? Does anyone know?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Java is enabled, and it's not enabled.

J2ME is enabled : the Os tha runs the blackBerry device is made of Java. All applications you install on your device (Brickreaker, the Mole Word, tiltris...) are made of "Java2 Mobile Edition".

Java applets in your browser are not available on any smartphone including BlackBerry devices.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smpoole7

Ahhh. OK, I understand. Thanks very much for the response, Xandrex.

I was indeed confused because I had read elsewhere that "J2ME" was the default for apps on my device, but yet, if I browse to a site that has Java applets, the usually won't work.

That's kind of a bummer, though. I'm a radio engineer, and I use a LOT of sites that have Java calculators and widgets.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

you can install many calculator J2ME applications on your Storm.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.