If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
mrtief
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Encrypted .(rem) photos on Blackberry Storm 2

I had moved the photos from my blackberry to my PC and later learned about the encryption. Since then I have loaded Blackberry Desktop Software and understand the proper process for transferring the photos. However, I cannot view any of those original photos that were moved to my PC. I have tried renaming them, copying them back to several different folders on my Blackberry and nothing works. I cannot view them on my Blackberry or within the Desktop Software. Is there a way to view these photos? The encryption does not seem to be affected even when reloaded on the same phone. All of these activities occurred on the same day and no change to device or software. Thank You!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Encrypted .(rem) photos on Blackberry Storm 2

Hey mrtief,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

If the BlackBerry smartphone is security wiped or the software is reloaded and the encryption method was set to use the Device Key or Device Password & Device key, the BlackBerry smartphone will not be able to access the encrypted data on the media card.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.