Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
effleess
My Device: Not Specified

Error message Uncaught exception: java. lang. illegalArgument Exception

HI, I know that others have run into this error message, but I hope that someone can troubleshoot this for me as I am quite worried about it.

The message is this:

Uncaught exception: java. lang. illegalArgument Exception

I only HAVE one 3rd party app installed, and when I attempt to run it, I get this message. I'm worried that it would happen for any other apps I might decide to install down the road.

I've only had this Storm 9530 for about 2 weeks. I have the latest OS. Verizon is the carrier. They told me to use the desktop manager (which I am only able to use at work!!!  If I'd only known that there wasn't a version for the Mac I would have got the iPhone really!)

I am at my wits end with this thing. What is causing this problem. Is there another app I should install and try before considering that the problem is actually with Quick Pull Pro (which is the app I cannot run)

SIgn me, seething in Minnesota

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Error message Uncaught exception: java. lang. illegalArgument Exception

for your mac you need to install pocketmac and updated drivers... thats macs somewhat version of desktop manager for windows.

make sure your QPP is a version that is supported by the storm

try getting appworld and download apps from there instead

i run tons of apps and dont have a problem, so your experience with 1 app shouldnt detour you from experiencing many other wonderful apps

if this does happen on another app then there is definately a problem with your software on your BB and a reinstall would likely be needed to be done. back up your device in DTM and experiment. you can always reinstall the device software and reload your backup(this can only be done from DTM for windows, pocketmac can only do sync)

Please use plain text.
Isabella
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error message Uncaught exception: java. lang. illegalArgument Exception

Simple to rectify. Go to "Settings" - the 'spanner' icon, click on it. Scroll down to SMS, click on it. Scroll down to "Number of Previous Items" and change the number. Return to previous menu and click Save when prompted to do so. It solves this problem immediately! Hope it works for you.

Please use plain text.