Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
kingmanbc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Error message when playing youtube videos

On m.youtube.com I always get the error message "An error has occurred attempting to play media." I have tried enabling java and it still does the same thing just got the phone yesterday, I am with verizon, thanks for the help.
Contributor
GavinKemp
My Device: Storm - 9500 - Vodafone

Re: Error message when playing youtube videos

Hi,

I'm with Vodafone UK and mine is exactly the same.

They say they have an issue with the network and You tube so for me it's just "watch this space"

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I find that when this happens, if you're patient and just wait a bit, the video will often end up playing a little later.  In other cases, sometimes a video just doesn't work for some reason.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
mwille64
My Device: Playbook

Same problem here (Vodafone Malta). Found this on Vodafone UK support forum:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19940 

Vodafone UK officially admitts to have technical problems with ALL streaming. Vodafone Malta did not comment yet.

I actually posted a question here about the same subject...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=25381

New Contributor
kingmanbc

I found out the solution, all I had to do was take the battery out and put it back in so that it would reboot, now youtube works fine :smileyhappy:
CAvikinggirl

Re: Re: Error message when playing youtube videos

I'm going to try that King, thanks for the info. By the way, why doesn't this forum include the date/time of our posts?? It's frustrating.
vsakthi
My Device: 9300

Last final solutions would be from SIM/Tele carrier provider issue due youtube video issue

vsakthi
My Device: 9300

So Please change other services provider SIM (working-youtube video) before you contact service provider

jomz06
My Device: BB Curve 9380

I removed my battery several times but it still didn't work.. It works fine when I'm using wifi connection but as I switch to my mobile carrier I got that error message..
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

call your carrier support and check with them that viewing YouTube videos is allowed in your phone contract.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: