Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Facebook Notification Problem

hello,

using facebook.com on a desktop browser :

1) check the email adresses to which the notifications are sent. Are you sure one is received on your BlackBerry device?

2) about the notifications : remove all notifications, save, log off, shutdown entirely your browser, open it, log in, and activate notifications again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi all, I've been in contact with a BlackBerry Technical Advisor and here's the response to me:

Hi Krypto,

I was having problems with Facebook yesterday as well as one of my colleagues. It kicked me back to the login screen a few times. I was able to login later in the day. May not be related to this user's issue as he mentions it's been occuring for a week ? I'm not a Facebook expert by any means but it sounds like you're on the right track with your suggestions.

I was going to suggest checking the installed version of Facebook but they mentioned re-installing it so I assume they have the latest bundle available.

Found a few articles related in our knowledgebase:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15956

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16149

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14358

Most of these are basic and point to checking Facebook settings and upgrading to the latest version of Facebook. I guess we should still check the version installed (so not to assume) as the user may have just re-installed from existing set-up files which could have been older.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/social/facebook.jsp

We should also find out what type of account the notifications are set to go to (ie: Hotmail) and ensure that e-mails to this account are being received on the BlackBerry. I know for my Hotmail account, every so often (90 days ?), I have to go into the account and verify it or they stop going to my BlackBerry.

Take a look at the above and try the suggestions (especially ensuring that your BlackBerry is still receiving emails from that account, and reinstalling Facebook using the link provided above).  Whatever additional information you can provide will also assist.  And try the suggestions that Xandrex and I posted above.  With any luck, we'll be able to get this resolved using one of these suggestions.  And if anything does work, please let us know what solved it so that we know for future reference.

Thanks and good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

As a heads up, RIM has released a new version of the Facebook application (1.5).  Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your phone to download the new version.  Hopefully that'll help resolve the above issues!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I am just wondering if you could help me? I have the opposite problem, that means that I want to stop my BB Storm 9500 from receiving Facebook notification that I already read on my PC.

I have been messing around with my BB a lot, but I cannot find the option. 

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

B.

Elite I

Hey barby_black - now that's a good one.  I've tried to figure that one out myself and have been unsuccessful, so I don't think it's possible to do.

Now maybe someone else will have a solution for this one, but from my understanding on the way the app works and how BB works, this is just how it is - just like how you get notified of a new email on your BB even if you've read it on your PC.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance there!

New Contributor

Hi Krypto,

Thanks anyway for the reply, at least I know it!  

OK I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BB TOUR... AND THIS IS HOW I FIXED IT....I WENT TO MY EMAIL AND MADE SURE THAT I WAS RECEIVING THE NOTIFICATIONS THERE....THE PROBLEM WAS THAT  1 OF THE NOTIFICATIONS WAS SENT TO THE SPAM FOLDER... THAT CAUSED ALLLL FUTURE NOTIFICATIONS TO BE SENT TO THE SPAM FOLDERS..ONCE I MARKED THE NOTIFICATION AS "THIS IS NOT SPAM" ALLLL MY NOTIFICATIONS CAME BACK TO MY APP ON THE BB.... TRY THAT..MAKE SURE YOUR NOTIFICATIONS AREN'T SENT TO YOUR SPAM FOLDERS!