Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
nhockey
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Facebook problems!

He punted you.... resending the service books will not fix that problem. Did you by chance install using a mac ?

Please use plain text.
finchrocks21

I'm having the same problem with my phone.. I upgraded to 5.0 OS on my storm and 1.7 for facebook.. n it keeps saying contact service provider or.. it says connection timed out..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ieisha-detwan

i updated to .328 and thank God Facebook is working agin!

Please use plain text.
AStarrB

I did the update using a Mac and am having all sorts of problems finding the applications once I've downloaded them.  The Facebook application is now where to be found.  I deleted the application, then reloaded it several times...still no where to be found.  Is there a problem that you know of when updating our phones with a Mac?  I'm trying to avoid calling tech support since the last time I dialed in it was almost an hour wait :-(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akersten

I am experiencing the same problems:

I installed the Blackberry Desktop software for the Mac.  It did originally remove all the info from my phone, but I was able to restore that.  I have continued having problems with Facebook though.  I have version 1.7--if I download it through the facebook website or on my  application center, it will download and then say "successfully downloaded."  Somehow the program then disappears from my phone.  Of note, after restarting the phone after download, I have been getting two javascript error messages at the beginning; don't know if that's related.  I then downloaded the facebook application through the BB App World.  It then replaces the version I have (that disappears) with the same version, but at the end of the download, it states "there was a problem with the software."  After doing this though, the facebook icon shows up on my home screen at least, but when I go to open it, it takes me back to the FB homepage to download the program.  If anyone figures this out, let me know. 

Please use plain text.
jeremywc44

I love the new OS but Im having the same problems. Its really only a small problem compared to the crap the storm used to put me though. Im gonna try and restore the phone on my mac and start it over again. maybe something happened in the restore process

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ZombieKat18

I am getting the same error messages and having the same issues with facebook!!!  I have tried everything but I think that it has something to do with the whole Mac thing...

If anyone knows any help or solutions to this, please please please help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
usmc6092
My Device: Blackberry 9550 Storm2
My Carrier: verizon

I wonder how many people are having problems that are mac users compared to the pc users. Is it possible that the issue is with that the desktop software from rim and not the update its self? I guess the only one who can answer that would be RIM. But im thinking there not really into the getting on boards to answer customer question or problems.

Please use plain text.