Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GPS/BLACKBERRY MAPS QUESTION

I have not been able to display the longitude/latitude coordinates when I am in Blackberry Maps.  I have gone into ADVANCED OPTIONS, GPS  and it does not display there.  Any ideas out there?  Thank you much!

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: GPS/BLACKBERRY MAPS QUESTION

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

For GSM network devices, do this:
Click Options > Advanced > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS.
Give it up to 10 minutes to refresh, and try 2-3 times in a row.
Also, read this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12203&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

On your CDMA xx30 model BlackBerry, do this:
Go to the Options icon > Status
From the Status screen, on the keyboard type "test" (without the quote marks!).
You will see a Device Self Test Screen. Click the Menu Key and choose Start. You will a list of tests. The bottom test should be GPS, check it and click Menu > Run. Be sure GPS location is turned on. Go outside with no obstructions or tall buildings around or above you. click the trackball and click start fixing. is should do a test. let it do its thing and it should tell you a location coordinates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for your assistance.  I tried the first fix and that did not work.  When I followed your advice, MENU did not give me the REFRESH GPS option.  I will try the other fix and let you know how that works.  Thanks again!

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good deal. You haven't stated what model BlackBerry Storm you have, so I posted directions for both the GSM and CDMA models.

If you don't have the "refresh" command in the Menu, then you have the CDMA model 9530 or 9550 and should do as I directed in the second set of instructions for xx30 devices.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Hi, i'm using curve 8520 v4.6.1.286 (platform 4.2.0.122) and seems like im having the same problem where the REFRESH GPS does not appear in the menu. I've check the menu in my friend's device and it happen to shown up.

I have also tried to type "test" in the option > status screen but nothing happen. Could anybody help me on this?

thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

The above article from the public knowledge base has been cancelled and replaced by the following one :

KB11950 How to troubleshoot built-in GPS issues on a BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: