Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
roozybeh
My Device: Not Specified

General Irritating Problems - In hope of another update

Okay People... This is my first blackberry and I was excited to get it. Frankly i wanted an iPhone (being a MAC guy for many years now) but I like verizon so i decided to get the Storm...

The phone has the latest program (v4.7.0.75 /Platform 4.0.0.94). Here are the list of things that I cannot figure out WHY?

1- I have a contact in my address book, but when i get a SMS message from her, it does not bring her name! so all i see is a txt msg from a number! i have tried deleting and reentering the contact information, but no luck

2- The multitap option cannot be set globally! once in portrait mode, i have to go to the menu and enable the multitap every damned time! why isn't there an option to have it set forever? 

3- once i sync the BB with PocketMac, sometimes it works fine. but sometimes it gives me a conflict error msg with some of my contacts! so i end up having multiple records for the same person(s).

4- The screen is not responsive sometimes. it just goes into a let me think for while mode and then BAM, its like 100 steps a head of me.

5- The accelerometer works all funky... sometimes it get stuck in one mode. i have to lock the phone and open it again

6- The message indicator light stays on for about 15 mins after i have read the new msg. This happens when there are NO, NO, NO new/unread messages left.

In attempt to fix many of these problems, i have tried removing the battery (it takes 10000 hrs to reboot), starting everything fresh..... I even begged the darn thing couple of nights ago to work!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: General Irritating Problems - In hope of another update

[ Edited ]

1.  go to your messages folder and press the bb button, then scroll to options.  then click on general options here you will see options of what info you want displayed.

2.  havent experienced this issue, but when you make a change in a menu, press the back key, then select save.

3.  your a mac, and im a pc.....try the mac forum on here or post a seperate post to see if anyone knows.

4.  make sure your closing apps when your done.  while in a app, press the bb button, then click close.  also battery pulls will help resolve alot of issues like this.

5. yes, .75 is better than .65, but give the leaked beta .99 a try. just google 4.7.0.99

6.  this just may be a os issue, just give .99 a try

how to install beta:

1.  download and install .90 to your computer.

2.  open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format.  If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device. 

3.  connect storm to computer

4.  in the screen where you deleted the vendor.xml file, scroll to the top and you will see the loader file, double click and follow the onscreen directions!

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 02-08-2009 07:51 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Martynstar
My Device: Storm 9500

Hey!

Well i cant help with all the issues, but i have a few of them sorted myself.

1. I had this problem with my pearl, it wasnt set in the phone options correctly hit the call green button, then hit the blackberry button and open option, under smart dialing make sure your country code is in. This worked for me!

2. go to home and go to the main options, under screen/keyboard, there is an option "portrait view keyboard" Select multi-tap.

4. Fiddle with the settings for responsiveness under the screen settings, i have mine set at tap 250, hover 200 and swipe high (6). Sometimes mine is a bit slow, but usually when im having mail downloading to the phone while im using it....

5. Mine does once in a while mess up a little, it switches one way then i tip it level (portrait) and it doesnt right itself, i flip it totally round the other way and then back again and it does work, im too on the .75 version and it isnt perfect but its getting there!!!

6. Never had any problems with the message indicator, just sometimes get a message and the phone doesnt buzz or ring! But this hasnt happened for a while.... after i set a contact to a custom ringtone, it changed the sms tone too even though i hadnt changed that! so i set them all the same except the ringtone and it works perfect!! Dunno about the LED keep flashing, when it does, id say mark a msg un opened and then mark it opened again.. and see if it goes!

Martyn

If myself or other members have assisted please click the Kudos!

One day Blackberry will rule the world!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Martynstar
My Device: Storm 9500

cor jeff your just to quick of the ball!! :smileyhappy:
If myself or other members have assisted please click the Kudos!

One day Blackberry will rule the world!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
roozybeh

1. (FIX) I had this problem with my pearl, it wasnt set in the phone options correctly hit the call green button, then hit the blackberry button and open option, under smart dialing make sure your country code is in. This worked for me!

--> I deselected the option that says: require 1 to dial national. i changed the option to NO. her name came up correctly. 

2. go to home and go to the main options, under screen/keyboard, there is an option "portrait view keyboard" Select multi-tap.

Still no good. that option is set but still no luck.

in the process of updating to the Beta firmware (99) and will post updates as i go through with it.

Cheers and thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roozybeh

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried to download and install the new software, however it is only available for PC. as far as i have read, there is no way to upgrade the BB software with Mac unless it is available via the phone update itself! so i guess i just have to wait for the release! 
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

ya, sorry bout that...slipped my mind you were on a mac...

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

If you can borrow someone's PC though, you'll be good to go!  Or, just take it to heart that all these positive comments regarding .99 bode well for the next official update.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

for portrait keyboard.
there is a bug that has been acknowledged by RIM on the public knowledge base.
indeed, it switches to SureType whatever your configuration is.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.