Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Re: HELP! BB storm 9530 reboot cycle but won't turn on, no red light either

Try to turn to Service Center. May be it's best solution for you, as on distance is hard to say what can be.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GlennArthur
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: SMART Communications

i guess so, thanks... where's the kudos link btw?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Star symbol under name :smileywink:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey GlennArthur,

If you haven't already taken it in, you mentioned something that is important and should still allow us to help you get your device up and running.

Try the following:

1. Unplug your phone from your computer and remove the battery.

2. Open BBSAK and click on the Load OS button (don't worry about your phone not being plugged in, it will still open).  This will open the Loader.exe file.

3. Click next in the Loader file.  You should now see a page that will show your BlackBerry PIN when its plugged in.

4. Plug your BlackBerry in.  This will trigger a reboot.  As soon as your PIN comes up in the PIN box, or if it changes to say UNKNOWN PIN, click Next.  If you miss it, don't worry, just try again until it catches.  This will catch the device in the middle of the reboot cycle and will allow your computer to access the phone's memory.

5. Begin the OS loading process.  Check off which apps you want on the device and proceed.

6. Reinsert the battery into the phone.  Do this before the phone reboots after the OS has loaded or you'll end up right back where you started.

Do that and you should be back up and running.

Keep us posted though!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tamzie
My Carrier: Verizon

:smileysad: I'm having the same problem.... fone was like this from tuesday.... i tried bbsak and jl cmd and they both wont recognize the fone... i took mines to one tech place and they cant get it wipe either... i took it to another for a second oppinion and i am awaiting the out come......

how things are looking i might just have to buy a new fone :'(

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi Tamzie,

Also try what I posted above. If the phone turns on, it should work, even if it can't boot. Regardless there should always be a short (e.g. couple of seconds) window.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GlennArthur

ok so i would like to give you guys an update about my storm... i set it aside for awhile, separated the bb and the batt, got me a new bb... after two weeks i opened the storm again and was surprised that the reboot cycle stopped and now displayes error 507.. i loaded the OS yesterday just as krypto said and it's a fix! everything was a fresh start, the OS i got from verizon website.. i was also surprised that despite of system wipe out my pictures and music are still in the media folder...

but i spoke too soon... this morning the phone went back to the same problem... reboot cycle, no red light, wont turn on... if the problem that may cause this is bad apps and the only solution is system wipe out and loading the OS, then how come im experiencing the same problem... i love BB but this is really disappointing!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@GlennArthur If I were you I would reinstall the OS, but this time with removing all third party applications & themes.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GlennArthur

@xandrex: thanks for the response... i did successfully reload the OS but the following day it went back again to it's original state (no longer error 507).. reboot cycle, no red light, wont turn on... now im back to my first message on this thread: bbsak,apploader, etc didnt work... the only reason i was able to reload the OS was that i separated the bb and the batt for two weeks then it went to error 507... if i follow the same thing, what's the guarantee the original problem will not happen again???

why is it that i was able to successfully load the OS and the following day the problem happened again considering that IT HAS A NEW OS?!? no 3rd party apps of course because it's a fresh reload... what causes this??? if it's a fresh OS then the problem wouldnt be the apps because there's no 3rd party after i reloaded it... the OS is from verizon btw...

im sorry but u could just imagine the amount of frustrations this phone is giving me... again there's no bb service center in my city... ive had other smartphones before this and it all withstood many internal and external mishandlings... but this bb which i havent even dropped once really gives me a headache

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tamzie
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey guys thanks for the support... however i was not successful with any of the soloutions so i had to resort to purchasing a new fone... Of course NOT another storm... I've updated to the curve 3G and hope i never have this problem again....

Thanks a Mil for all the support :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.