Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackeberry storm 9530
My Carrier: Airtel

HELP NEEDED WITH GPS & BLUETOOTH ON 9530.

Hi,

I had a new purchase BB storm 9530. I have tried everything but can not start GPS navigation.

I can see default service as none in Map option.

I tried to transfer some pictures & files to Samsung mobile via bluetooth. I can see the device is paired but everytime I try to send or recieve any file it fails.

Please see below details about my phone:

Device info

Your carrier: Airtel

Model info and OS version (go to settings, options, about): BB 9530 , V5.0.0.328 (PLATFORM 4.2.0.128)

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (settings, options, status): 41443666 bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? NO

Apps installed and their version if possible.   (settings, options, applications): BB maps 5.0.0

When writing your question

I am not able to use GPS or bluetooth at all. Please help. Let me know if you need any more specific info.

Thanks

Shri.

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP NEEDED WITH GPS & BLUETOOTH ON 9530.

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

On your CDMA 9530 model BlackBerry, do this:
Go to the Options icon > Status
From the Status screen, on the keyboard type "test" (without the quote marks!).
You will see a Device Self Test Screen. Click the Menu Key and choose Start. You will a list of tests. The bottom test should be GPS, check it and click Menu > Run. Be sure GPS location is turned on. Go outside with no obstructions or tall buildings around or above you. click the trackball and click start fixing. is should do a test. let it do its thing and it should tell you a location coordinates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thnks a lot, I will check this (GPS) when I am out of my office (tried doing it but request timed out).

But my question about bluetooth is still open.

New Contributor

Hi Thanks,

GPS worked!!! Smiley Happy

But not able to transfer snaps/files with any Bluetooth device. Bluetooth device gets paired data sending / recieving failed.

I am not able to see blackberry maps as well.