Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
SPBlack
My Device: Not Specified

Handsfree Kit

[ Edited ]

I have just bought a Bury (bury.com) cradle for my BB 9500. I installed the Bury system in my car when I bought it. Once installed, you just need to change the cradle when you change the phone.

One frustrating thing is that the BB 9500 does not have an auto answer facility when in the cradle, only when it is taken out of the holster. This means that when the phone rings in the car, you have to press the green button to answer the call.

If anyone from RIM is reading this, can you add an auto answer facility for when the BB9500 is in a 'handsfree' cradle. It shouldn't be that difficult. Even an option for auto answer would be useful. Lesser equipment than the BB 9500 has had this facility for ages. All of my Nokia phones recognised they were in a handsfree cradle and offered this option. The Bury kit is excellent, but the phone has to have this facility to make operation totally handsfree.

Message Edited by SPBlack on 07-09-2009 05:26 AM
Contributor
JerseyACT
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Handsfree Kit

My wife has a similar issue. She has two different bluetooth headsets and one of them (I am not sure which) will not allow her to answer the phone with her headset on. It is odd, she can make calls from the headset without a problem, but when she tried to answer an incoming phone call, she cannot hear it in her headset, only through the phone itself, which is a problem since she travels for work and CA (and many other states) have hands-free cell phone laws. I am very interested in the answer to this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

If I was Using My BB Storm I would Get the MOTOROLA T505

But I Dont Use It Like A Lot of People MOTOROKR_T505.jpg

Contributor
JimmyCrackCorn
My Device: Bold

I baught a cheap handsfree kit and never use it the ear piece is uncomfortable.  Been looking around and found the handsfree app on the blackberry app world store.  It lets me take incomming calls at least and pretty good value for under $3.    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7053