If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
yvetteSoler
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Currently Wind Italy

Having problems configuring Internet Service

[ Edited ]

I bought my BB Storm last year in the US. It was originally from Verizon and was unlocked. I live in Europe and since purchasing it I have used it with pay-as-you-go SIM cards in the US, Spain, England, Holland and Germany, but I have never tried to connect the Blackberry functionality. I am in Italy now and just signed up for WIND Blackberry Internet service, but I can't figure out how to configure it. There is no option to setup an email account (only Enterprise Activation). Could it be that Verizon has something locked? What to I have to do to configure it?

Grazie mille!!!!

-yvette

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Having problems configuring Internet Service

Hello yvetteSoler,

You may want to contact your wireless service provider to confirm that you have been provisioned for BlackBerry Internet Service. Once they have confirmed that your services are active, you can use the following process to integrate an email account to your device (from your PC):

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04553

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yvetteSoler
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Currently Wind Italy

Re: Having problems configuring Internet Service

I was able to get most of the Internet/Blackberry functionality working, but I can't seem to get my personal email to work. The option to configure it shows up, but it doesn't accept the credentials. I have contacted my administrator (I have my own server) to see if it has something to do with the server since I can't figure out another reason why it wouldn't work.

And strangely, yesterday I could not get an EDGE signal even though I was at Milano airport, where you would think there would be a strong signal. I could surf the web, but no BBM.

Since I don't have much experience with Blackberry and the people at the stores here just keep telling me it is me, I can't figure out the line between the limitations of my phone vs something wrong. For example, I have OS 4.7, but I can't update to 5.0 because it says there is not enough space (I need an additional 15 MB). All the applications on my phone take up less than 3 MB, so how would I free up 15 MB?

Sorry for the barage of questions. As you can tell, I am a bit frustrated, yet enjoying what functionality I do have. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.