Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hebrew for the STORM

Good news (sort of) -- I just upgraded to the Storm2 (still on Verizon) and lo and behold, sof sof, there is Hebrew support including a Hebrew keyboard!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Pelephone

Hi,

I own a verizon blackberry storm 9530 phone, and I'd like to Install full hebrew on it.

The problem is I don't have access to blackberry browser, I'm from Israel (phone was bought in the US).

So I don't know how to get it to work, I have a sim card that has internet plan in it, when I insert the sim it does show the 3G logo, but I can't use blackberry browser:

"Your device does not currently have any browser Configuration service book entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

I also tried to use mini opera but it also says there is no internet connection.

The sim 3G internet connection does work, I've tried it on my Iphone 3gs.

How can I finally install the full hebrew pack???

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You cannot access the web on a Sim card as the storm doesn't support it. Your only option is to switch to Pelephone because their network support CDMA. Hebrew is available with Desktop Manager 6 which is going to be released sometime soon.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Pelephone

No u'r wrong here, storm does support cellcom and orange, I used both and made\recieved phone calls with it.

I did some checking and it says I need a blackberry internat plan to make it work.

I sold the unit anyway, so it doesn't matther now... thx anyway