Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

striplett02
My Carrier: Verizon

Help--Storm 2 got wet

Thank you for any help in advance.

1) Phone was *briefly*  dropped into the sink.  Spent less than a second there.  Pulled the battery, spent 10 mins or so with a hair dryer.

2) Put it in rice and left it for 3 days.

3) Phone now turns on, but touchscreen is not working--let me explain.  I can rotate the phone and the view changes.  However, buttons are not working.  I can press the camera button, that works, but the others, such as the mute/lock or the phone controls--nada.  The menu key and escape key also do not work.

4) I can put my finger on the touchscreen and the appropriate box highlights.  However, the clicking (the feel of pressing down) does not happen. 

Any idea what I can do?  Are there repair shops that can fix, and if so, can anyone ballpark me a cost? 

No, no insurance.  Yes, I'm not smart.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747

Re: Help--Storm 2 got wet

Yea, if you haven't fried the device yet... back in the rice!

I always say 4-5 days minimum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pepper30436

Re: Help--Storm 2 got wet

Rice in a plastic bowl closed up. Glad is the one I used. I could see the condensation on the sides of the tub. Leave it for a good 4 days. Don't keep opening it back up to check on it as we would all have the irresistible urge to do. Leave it there. Worked with my 8330 and it went to the BOTTOM of the toilet (clean water of corse). Good luck!
Live Laugh Love....yesterday is yesterday let it stay there!
Please use plain text.