Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9520

Help my 9520 storm 2 is on the blink

I have an unlocked storm 2 which I have had from new originally on Vodafone, since unlocking it has worked fine with all the different sims I have inseted from various countries on my travels untill recently. I put a prepay 2 degrees (new zealand) sim in and it wouldnt work telling me network unavailable and playing a audible tone,

I tried the sim in another unlocked phone and it works fine. I then tried both an orange sim (prepay) and my current vodafone contract sim from my Bold 9900 (same sim which used to be in my 9520) both do the same thing when I try to make a call

With the vodafone sim in data and internet work fine and I get a registration message, network diagnostics via the phone come back fine, in network settings data is connected and showing fine but under the voice it tells me voice is unavailable.

I have tried software updates and roll backs, battery pulls and anything else I can think of. Is it possble the 2 degrees sim has changed some setting preventing it from registering correctly on a voice network or do you have any other ideas?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Help my 9520 storm 2 is on the blink

[ Edited ]

Hello Jimmy,

You may want to contact the mobile service provider for the SIM card you are using if you are unable to connect to voice services on your BlackBerry Storm 9520 smartphone.

They should be able to determine what the issue is for you.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!