Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Help, my BB keeps calling people at random!

For the last week or so, my phone has been dialing out on its own. Initially,I updated my options so that my BB would show the dial pad instead of my contact list when using the phone feature, that was working fine for weeks. Now, when I click on my green phone button, it would just automatically go to my contact list and dial the first name on the list. 

Now it has progressed into calling people with no effort from me. For instance my phone would be sitting on the dresser and just navigate itself to my contacts or call history and dial someone at random! It truly has a mind of its own! Often times I hear little "hello's" in familiar voices coming from my phone, only to find that it has called someone else. 

I've tried resetting it. I have taken the battery out on several occasions, which has helped with other glitches. Turned it off for a few minutes then back on, but to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem or have a clue as to how to remedy it?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Help, my BB keeps calling people at random!

try doing a battery pull.

if that doesnt work, back up your device to bbdm, then do a wipe of the device, then restore your information.

if that doesnt work, then call your provider

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10

First reported case of a possessed Storm... sounds like an exorcism is in order!  :smileytongue:

(just teasing)  

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Storm Rider

("Kitt, call my mom")

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor

I'm having a similar problem. Since Jan. 30, the phone dials the first number in my address book (a dummy entry, in case of pocket-dialing). This happens repeatedly, making it useless for anything, including phone calls. It happens when the battery gets down to about two bars. Battery pulling doesn't seem to help. I haven't tried the wipe and restore yet, will repost when I have done that.
Contributor

I have had a similar thing happen, although I assumed it was pocket-dialing and I hadn't locked it.  And it will often pick the first number on my contact list or my v-mail box.  I can only imagine that the only reason it's really sitting there and dialing numbers is b/c a button or the screen is physically stuck; you should check to see if anything is sticking.  Otherwise it is just possessed...maybe some hacker's already come up with a virus for the Storm.  I'd sooner think it's possessed. very-happy:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I'm telling you, it's KITT. It jumped from the Tomtom to the GPS receiver of the Storm !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

My BB Storm is doing the same exact thing!!! How did you fix the problem????  going to call ghost busters soon.... plz help!  I pulled the battery a couple times and still calling the first persons on my contact list at ransomed also seem the green talk key is frozen and doest want to bring up my phone menu at this current time!... Help!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Hi, I'm having the same problem too.....a call button that doesn't respond....calling the first contact in contact folder and phone log.....call screen keeps popping up over other apps that are runnning, example messenger,browser ect., ect. to prevent the phone from initiating a call I have to activate the screen lock...doing this I can see the screen light up whenever it's trying to make out the call....I've battrey pull, wipe and wipe and wipe....with both JL CMDER and BMCP...I've loaded OS'es from 4.7 to 5.0.0.973 (bundle 1611, platform 4.2.0.423) this was done yesterday at about 11am....I've not loaded my contact list as yet, 1:46am, but the screen keeps lighting up to the empty contact list....this started happening a couple of hours less than one week today.....I'm just...... frustrated....

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Ms. Peacock,.

Did you get this fixed?