Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help needed BBM installed on 9530 but cannot be used

Hello all. This is my first post here and i need some serious help with this issue. I have a Telus 9530 and loaded the verizon .75 software on it a 2 nights ago. The .75 software only gave me a limited app list no icons so i wiped and reinstalled the .76 software on the device. Only problem is BBM (probally my most used app) is now missing. The device says it's loaded it the app list yet i cannot find the icon and i do not recieve BBMs although they say 'delivered'. I tried battpulls, wipe and re-installs, .109 beta, loading the COD files, different carrier OS, can't load it OTA, nothing works. Is this a known issue? Can i get BBM back somehow? I believe i've tried everything.

Thanks for any help offered. 

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help needed BBM installed on 9530 but cannot be used

If someone sends you a message, do you get a BBM indicator on the homescreen?

You have looked in ALL folders... Instant Messaging, Applications, Downloads, etc.?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I get nothing. No new message icon nothing, yet my friends say it said 'D' beside the message. I looked in every folder and it can't be found. Yet the device says its loaded and the DTM/apploader has it check marked when i looked. Its very weird.
Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

ok, try this, with a friend.. send a PIN message.

Messages > Menu > Compose PIN. 

Message Edited by JSanders on 03-10-2009 09:16 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Out of curiousity, why did you install Verizon's OS?  The Telus version is actually a slightly newer version and will allow you to get support from Telus Mobility.  You can access the Telus Support Centre for the BlackBerry Storm here: http://www.telusmobility.com/clientcare/pcs_west/support/support_blackberry_9530.shtml

From there, you can download the most recent official operating systems and more.  At this point, I'd suggest using a program to wipe your operating system off your phone and start fresh with the Telus OS again.  You can use a program such as JL_CMDER for this.  This will also ensure that any glitches are completely wiped from your phone and that your OS reinstall is clean.  Don't forget to backup your phone's data first so that you can restore it later.

As a FYI, I don't recommend downloading other carrier's operating systems unless you know what you're doing as each carrier often makes minor adjustments based on their preferences.

After you reinstall the operating system on the phone, re-enable your network connections, re-register your handheld on the Telus network and resend your service books (if you need assistance with this, call *611 on your handset and ask for BlackBerry Support Services).

Message Edited by Krypto on 03-09-2009 07:39 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I loaded it because i'm a fool and can't leave well enough alone. I'm using the Storm on a GSM carrier BTW. I wiped and re-installed the OS 7 times so far and BBM still doesn't show up. I'm not an exact noob to berries and still have alot to learn but this has me stumped. I have a 8900 active as well but i REALLY love typing on the Storm so i need back BBM on it as it's my main device now. The 8900 is mainly for emails and calls. (Cheaper carrier). I just don't know what to do about this issue. I think i've tried everything. Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy
Elite I

Ok, that changes things a bit... are you on Rogers or Fido?  Even if you're not, it doesn't really matter anyhow.  If so, the problem might be that you're not connecting to the BlackBerry network correctly.  Have you tried re-registering the device on the BlackBerry network?  Do you have full browser and email abilities?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

And just out of curiousity, how did you get an unlocked Telus Storm?  Telus is not an easy carrier to unlock!

New Contributor

I'm on L.I.M.E a carrier in a Caribbean. I'm getting emails, browser and other I.M clients work just fine. Just BBM won't show up althogh its loaded on the OS. It weird and quite annoying. I'm at my wits end here. 
Elite I

Ok, I'm getting stumped as well.  I was going to suggest to check if you have the service book, but then I was just looking through mine and couldn't find it, so I don't know which service book it's tied to, but if you've got email and browser, you should have the BB Messenger.

Here's one final suggestion - try restoring the Theme Defaults.  There's a slim chance that it's hidden and when you restore your phone after the backup, it restores settings (like hidden files).  Beyond this...