Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
RobertSeattle
My Device: Blackberry Storm

High Failure rate for Storm Car Chargers?

My wife and I have storms and BOTH of our Car Chargers have died.  We are now using an old (mini type connector) Blackberry charger with the Mini to Micro adapter.  Anyone else have their charger die after only a few months?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ItaEst
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: High Failure rate for Storm Car Chargers?

RobertSeattle

I bought a dual USB charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter and use that with the USB mini cable to charge my Storm and the other USB port to charge my Bluetooth headset.  With the dual USB, you can charge both you and your wife's Storm at the same time.  They arent that expensive and can be purchased at Best Buy.  

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
garyjones
My Device: Not Specified

As an alternate option you could purchase a Power Invertor which allows you to plug anything in.  That way you don't have to buy separate car chargers; just use your existing outlet charger.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2194429

Gary

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dave1812dave
My Device: Storm

What Gary said!  Buy an inverter.  Then you will not need to purchase a new car charger for every new device you buy--just use the included house charger that comes with each device.  I have an inverter in each of our vehicles--one even charges directly to USB, as well as having two 100v outlets.
Dave
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I Got This From Verizon

Its a Verizon AC/DC Charger

Great For Travelers

I can Find it on Verizonwireless.com But They Must have them in Their Corporate Stores

DualChargerUSB2.jpgverizon.jpg

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
enzo_mmx
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Wow! Nope never happened to me and I have had the Storm car charger since the phone came out.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
aaaall

Be careful where you buy your car charger from. In the past, I thought why paying Verizon $29.99 for a car charger while you can get it for less than 10 bucks from somewhere else (even thou they all made in China). End up the cheap car chargers blew up 2 phone batteries. Makes sense, the cheap one made for all equipments that fit the plug might draw too much current, no voltage regulator. If your phone take too much juice then your charger is burned out or otherway around damage your phone. Anyway, shop for a cheap OEM one.

Please use plain text.
dostadawg

Best car charger I foumd, and the cheapest option is at Radio Shack.  The charger cost about the same as other brand chargers, however this one has the option to use multiple tips.  Therefore when getting a new phone that is a different model from your current phone you don't have to buy the entire charger, only the tip for your new phone, about $10-12.
Please use plain text.