Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Holster breaks buttons (seems to be known problem)

I placed my Storm into the leather holster this morning and watched the red button get caught at turn 90 degrees.

AH!!!!!!

I could see that that the leather case edge (where it is sewed together) was sticking out a little and I guess that what caught the button!

Went to the shop this morning at they told me it is a  "KNOWN PROBLEM" (our these thinks ever tested!!!).

I was told to return all the items for a replacement which I will do on Monday. They did warn me that using the holster may cause this and  they recommend me not to use it........and it`s lucky it happened in the first 14days, since I got the impression that they would not replace it...

Has any one else had this problem...

Andrew

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Holster breaks buttons (seems to be known problem)

Our company has 5 Storm's and been using them since the release and have not seen this problem. 
Once you go Black you don't go Back!
New Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me, the green button. I was able to push it back in place, so now I put it in the holster upside down.

Yes, its happened to me. The green button flipped right up! On an 18 month contract... its a long time to deal with a broken phone. Tempted to just return the whole thing now.

Went to the shop today on the way home from Sloane St and was told that its a common problem. The shop I bought it from claims that he does not have any in stock (think he is not interested in replacing something he rather sell) and asked me to go to any shop in Oxford St... will check tomorrow (sunday).

Yes it is a known problem-

My green button got caught on the holster and flicked up!

Vodafone replaced my Storm without question and now advise customers to use the holster with the phone "buttons up"

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Thank You for posting this one, I have a holster and thought it was too tight but had no idea it would start ripping the buttons off.:smileyindifferent:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Which holster are you referring to?  Does anyone have a picture of it?  Just so I know what to do once my storm finally comes in.
Contributor

It comes in the box with the phone. 

BlackBerry Bold Leather Pocket, Black

Still have not managed to replace my phone, since Tottenham Ct Rd had none in stock.......

Contributor

I've also had this same problem... and am awaiting a delivery of a new storm tomorrow from Vodafone due to connections problems to the bb internet service. my storm crashed twice and now i cant connect- there is a thread going on this.