Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
Dankees
My Device: Not Specified

How Do I Add Ringtones?

Here's what I did...

I plugged my BlackBerry Storm into the USB port of my computer and I found a folder called "ringtone" - so I uploaded some of my files to that folder. I also found a folder called "videos" and I uploaded a video to that folder as well.

Then, I hooked up to MediaSync and I loaded 600+ songs to the MicroSD Card.

I deleted ringtones from that folder and added some back in and now, the ringtones that I deleted are still listed (now, I have some ringtones listed twice).

But now, I have plugged the BlackBerry Storm into the USB post of my computer again, but the ringtones, videos (and other) folders do not show up anymore.

What's the deal?

How do I get those folders back and get ringtones and videos back into these folders?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How Do I Add Ringtones?

Remove your BB from the USB cable (your Media Card will now show when connected via USB to the PC), remove the battery on the BB a few seconds, replace and reboot. Let it five minutes to scan the media card completely. It must cache the media file titles and music, etc.

Now look at Media > Menu > Explore... is what you need there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Thanks for helping. I am at work right now - but I will check this AS SOON AS I GET HOME...

Thank you so much!

(Must I do this every time?)

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Litespeeds

You can download FREE ringtones to your hearts content from here:

http://crackberry.com/free-ringtones

Just send the ringtone that you want directly to your e-mail and open it up on your Storm and save it.

If this info helped, please click on my Kudos. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Thanks!

I have ringtones saved onto my computer. I added them by "Drag & Drop" method, but now, my folder doesn't show up anymore...?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

OK, I e-mailed myself the ringtone, opened the link, saved it (somewhere on my BlackBerry), but now I can't find it.

I clicked onto the checkbox to play in the Media Player, but it crashed and never played.

Where can I find the file/ringtone that I saved? I think I saved it in a "Ringtone" folder, but now I don't know.

I also had copied my ringtones to the "Ringtone" Folder via my USB, deleted them once, recopied them over, but now they show up twice (out of order). Any idea about that?

Then, I go into my Ringtones screen (in the Media Manager) and they show up once, in order.

I really don't know how to reset my ringtones back to normal and get rid of the duplicates and just get them to show up in the ringtones folder, in the media manager.

Can you please help me out?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

Thanks for helping, but I'm not sure you understand.

I went into my PC's folder for the BlackBerry, but things aren't showing up anymore, for some reason...?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Litespeeds

The ring tone should be in your download folder.  If you do not find that folder, then it might be hidden.  I have a feeling your media folder is probably hidden too.  Not sure why it did that but first things first, do a battery pull with the phone on and remove the battery to reset everything.  Then we can go from there.
If this info helped, please click on my Kudos. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

[ Edited ]

It's so weird.

I plugged in my BB to the USB and the F Drive opened, then I opened the Media Manager (Desktop) and the E Drive opened, with the folders. I removed the ringtones and put them back on, but they still show up in the list of ringtones when I go to change someone's ringtone, but they don't show when I go to my list of ringtones in the Music Manager on the BB.

Like, two folders open when I plug it in. One has the folders with music and ringtones, the other has dev and user, etc.

I can't get rid of my ringtones in the master list.

Message Edited by Dankees on 03-11-2009 06:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Dankees

OK, I don't know how I did it, but I fixed it!

I deleted my ringtones, replaced them, then did the battery trick and it worked. Honestly, I tried it before and it didn't work.

Now, I went onto Crackberry, downloaded a ringtone via e-mail, saved it, but I don't know where it went...? Can you help me out?

I am new to this.

Please use plain text.