Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
Dankees
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How Long Should The Battery Last?

Thanks.

I got a new Storm the other day and charged it for 24 hours. I used it last night. I listened to music for an hour (part of that hour I listened to uSirius), then I did normal checking of e-mail, text messages, and I set my custom profiles.

After about 6 hours, I was down two bars, with three left.

Does that sound normal?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

If you were downloading streaming music via the internet, yes, that actually does sound reasonable.  Regular internet use drains the battery pretty quick and while I haven't used music streaming programs, I know a half hour of YouTube on my phone does a fairly decent job of killing the battery life.  If I'm listening to music via my microSD card though, it's pretty decent... one hour takes it down ~10-15%.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

did you see my POST ?  i did some math, and it sucks!!!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Sparky06

I just purchased the Storm and love the phone.  I've noticed that after charging the battery a few times the duration of charge held better and I can get a couple of days if I just text.

However, I did notice something.  I purchases a case for the phone so I can carry it protected while riding my bicycle and playing in traffic.  This case has a magnetic clasp.  I've noticed that if I leave my phone in the case over night the charge is almost completely depleted by morning whereas if I just leave the phone out on the table I retain a good charge by morning.  It seems that the magnet may be acting on the phone and causing the problem.

I am going to look into this a little further with some structured tests to see if the battery charge is indeed affected by the magnet or if it's that the case, which is new and fits tight, is causing a problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sabremax

I am experiencing the same issue with the case.   The nice leather case does seem to affect the battery life.  There is a constant drain while just sitting in the case.  I went out and purchased a plastic clip case from Verizon.  It does not have a magnet in it and the battery does not discharge.   I am not sure whether it is the magnet or something else in the leather case that is causing the issue.   I have ordered a plastic clip case from Crackberry to run a comparison.  The Crackberry case has a magnet.   So we will see.

Please use plain text.