Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Danteau
My Device: Not Specified

How do I keep the desktop manager from deleting my past outlook appointments

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I am a brand new Blackberry user after being a long time Palm and Windows OS user. I have the Storm 9530 using desktop manager 5.0. When I synchronize them together the Desktop manager wants to delete the appointments that have happened in the past. I need to keep a record of my appointments on my computer and don't want to delete them all. Unfortunately I can either accept all of the synchronization for reject the syncopation. How Do I set it up so I don't touch the past appointments yet still keep the future appointments synchronizing?

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Dan

Message Edited by Danteau on 08-20-2009 03:40 PM
Message Edited by Danteau on 08-20-2009 03:40 PM
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: How do I keep the desktop manager from deleting my past outlook appointments

open your calendar on your BB, click menu and options

under the bolded Calendars what do you see?

click on each one and how many entries are in each?

next go to main options(wrench) icon and advanced options, default services

what is set for calendar[cical]?

on your DTM5.0 open syncronize-syncronization- syncronization button

double click on calendar, make sure its set to 2way, and all events

after the wizard is done, and you are back to the 4 data choices(cal, contacts, memo, notes) click advanced

click on conflict resolution and make sure its set to mailbox/outlook wins or prompt

New Contributor
Danteau

Re: How do I keep the desktop manager from deleting my past outlook appointments

Under Calendars/Options I see the two email accounts I have set up to my BB

There are 229 entries in one, and 60 in another

Under options/advanced options/default services I have my email account set there. (so far no problems)

I confirmed that it was set to 2way and all events.  Then after the wizard is done I edited the conflict resolution to be outlook wins. (this was a change fro what I had it set as prompt me).  

When I synchronize it still gives be a confirmation calendar edits window that wants me to delete all of the calendar items in outlook, as well as deletions, additions, ad changes to my BB.  The problem is that I have to reject the changes as to not lose all of the data in my outlook, so I can't get my BB to add, and change with my master calendar.  

This is getting frustrating!  

Dan

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

if there are any calendar events in the BB that are not in outlook, manually enter them in outlook

then plug into DTM, backup/restore-advanced

select calendar all and click clear

then run a 1 way sync to deviceadding all

then go back to 2way and try again

New Contributor
Danteau

OK, this seemed to work at first, but now it is slowly removing the oldest entries in the calender program.  I have to say that it is getting really frustrating!  I don't care if the phone does not hold my old calender events, but don't mess whith them on my outlook!  
daleshur
My Device: Curve 8330

Did you ever get this issue resolved and if so how?

New Contributor
garybman58

Hi, I was running into the same problems on my BB. When I would try to sync, Desktop Manager would want to delete all past calendar appointments in Outlook. I had my BB calendar set in options to "keep appointments forever" and it would still try to delete the past ones in Outlook. I finally did a "restet settings" in Desktop Manager, and reconfigured the sync settings (the same as I had them before, everything "two way") and after I did that it sync'd just fine and actually added all the past appointments from Outlook to my BB instead of trying to delete the ones in Outlook because they weren't in my BB. What a hassle! So you might just want to try that! Reset your settings in Desktop Manager and then reconfigure the sync options and see if it works. There's NO risk to trying that reset, you won't loose anything unless of course you confirm deletions when doing a sync! Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be!

SaratogaReese
My Device: Storm 9530

FINALLY. I have been having this problem intermittently since getting this phone, for TWO YEARS. It's EXTREMELY annoying. I WAS able to resolve it by opening Desktop Manager, going to Organizer, and Reset Settings. Nothing else worked, and I tried all the suggestions I have read online.

New Contributor
kennysavage

Thank you so much for this answer and comments - I can't tell you how many times I have tried to change these settings, and stop my old appointments from disappearing, without success. This was such a pain as I had problems every few months doing my expenses and VAT returns etc as I could not access the information on my old appointments and mileage etc. This appears to have now been sorted - I am just so pleased…. thanks!

Blackberry (RIM) perhaps you can look at this for inclusion in your next programme update - why should one have to clear previous settings and reset them in order for changes to take effect, surely the programme should check for changes and then apply them ..... so frustrating ..... but now :Clap: