Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Orange unlocked from Vodafone

How do I reinstall previous versions of BBM

[ Edited ]

HI hope someone can help I have a BB Storm 9500 & as other users might know the application memory on this device is shockingly low!!! I recently upgraded my BBM witch was a mistake as my phone was running OK until I did this & is now running out  about 5 mins after battery pulls. Every time I use my browser it freezes up & that goes for other apps as well. I want to reinstall a smaller version of BBM as I don't need all these fancy upgrades they have just added all I need from BBM is basic IM or RIM could combine the App memory with the media memory so us Storm users can have a decent experience for a change. I keep all my media on my memory card (as I'm sure most people do) so I have 1GB of possible memory that I can use. It really is a stupid set up. So please RIM hear my call & combine memory please. But in the meantime I need to down grade BBM or install it altogether to use my phone effectively so if someone can help please do. Thanks for reading & I hope I can get this sorted unless RIM have made it impossible to downgrade BBM to its previous versions.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I reinstall previous versions of BBM

There is no previous versions of BBM unless you've made a backup of your apps on your own PC when you had an older version, sorry.

You just need to clean up your device memory, delete some junk or whatever you can do do free about 30-40MB of space in your device memory.

If you need help with that, post back and let me know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Orange unlocked from Vodafone

Re: How do I reinstall previous versions of BBM

I'v tried deleting stuff but cant seem to free any space 30-40mb I dont think I have ever had that much memory but hey if you can help please do