Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Entine
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How do I turn off new threaded SMS messaging in OS 5.0?

Hmmm there are no longer 4.6 os versions to run on the 9100pearl, so unless someone has previously saved a rollback copy to their harddrive, whether its in control panel or not, is seemingly now the only way to downgrade and get the nonthreaded sms back. If anyone HAS a copy, maybe there's a way to upload and share it.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

as far as I know, OS 4.6 was never released for the Pearl 3G.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Entine
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telus

My pearl ran it until february2011 and it was mint. It was a downgrade option no longer available on the telus rim software site. Now the earliest I can get is 5.0 because my notawesome laptop crashed and I lost my rollback copy. Ohwell, Berry Extract is alright if you want to save texts to pc, but names are not incorporated with the numbers so you have to memorize whose number is whose.. Before I could save individual texts without any threads until I had to reload my os in april and 4.6 was gone.
Please use plain text.
tauseef-Asghar
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: N/A

Me too havethe same problem.

I text alot and want to keep them in ma BB device and read them whenever i like. But in thread view i am unable  to read the old messages and they cannot open. I can only view them in "View Folders" but when try to open my device gets hang for some time and  message do not open. Its irritating.

I have another question here,

Q:-Can we all write to RIM about this problem as we are their customers? Its right some people like this thread message view. So there can be an option to enable thread view for those who like it and who don't like they must have option to disable it and  get the classic view.

Please let me know if you are agree for this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

to contact RIM the regular way is to contact your carrier support and ask them to escalate to RIM.

You have another possibility, is to create a login at the BlackBerry Beta Zone website. They have some kind of forum that allows you to discuss beta versions. I am not sure you can discuss OS features though.

For your issue, I think you prefer to use the regular two-folders style : the SMS you receive on one side, and the SMS you send on the other side. I think this is possible using the application named "Messages" : open it and then open the menu, select "View Folder" and select the folder "SMS Inbox" or "SMS Outbox". Tell me if this helps you.

Otherwise, you can look on the AppWorld for SMS Applications, some may display SMS in a way you prefer:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/sms/category/116/?lang=en

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.