Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do I use my Verizon Storm 9530 with my Notebook PC to connect to the Internet?

I own a Verizon Storm 9530 and subscribe to the $30 data plan which allows me to connect to the Internet from the Device.  I have also read that the Device can also be used as a modem with a notebook PC to connect to the Internet.  I don't understand this.  How does this work?  Does the mobile phone work like a dial up modem?  Or does it just connect to my ISP (Time Warner Cable)?  I use a broadband connection at home but that doesn't help when I am away from my home. 

Can someone please explain how to use the 9530 with my Dell Notebook PC to connect to the Internet?

How does it work?

What hardare do I need? 

What software do I need?

How do I set it up?

Do I need to subscribe to any additional VZN service?

Do I need VZ Access?

Please explain in detail.  Thank You.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: How do I use my Verizon Storm 9530 with my Notebook PC to connect to the Internet?

melburstein wrote:

I own a Verizon Storm 9530 and subscribe to the $30 data plan which allows me to connect to the Internet from the Device.  I have also read that the Device can also be used as a modem with a notebook PC to connect to the Internet.  I don't understand this.  How does this work?  Does the mobile phone work like a dial up modem?  Or does it just connect to my ISP (Time Warner Cable)?  I use a broadband connection at home but that doesn't help when I am away from my home. 

Can someone please explain how to use the 9530 with my Dell Notebook PC to connect to the Internet?

How does it work?

What hardare do I need? 

What software do I need?

How do I set it up?

Do I need to subscribe to any additional VZN service?

Do I need VZ Access?

Please explain in detail.  Thank You.

1.  you tether your storm to the computer via usb.

2.  a computer, your storm and usb cable

3.  you need to download the vz access manager from verizon

4.  install vz access, connect storm and connect to net

5.  yes, its about $30 extra for tethering

6.  yes, see #3

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I use my Verizon Storm 9530 with my Notebook PC to connect to the Internet?

Regarding the $30 extra service that I will need from Verizon:  Is this in addition to the $30 I am paying for the Data Plan that allows me to connect from the Device to the Internet?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

yes, its a extra fee.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com