Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
emaarkhan
My Device: Not Specified

How to hard reset storm physically

Hey all,

My software for BB storm is courrputed/something is wrong every vendor tell its a different problem but i know its software issue as when i type in text the screen scrambles and get stuck. now i lost my display too all i can do is dial via voice dialing. can anyone tell me is there anyway to hard reset the BB device physically any pin sort of thing to be inserted somewhere. i really need some help 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: How to hard reset storm physically

Hi and welcome to the forums!

A "hard reset" is pulling the battery. Inserting a pin is long gone, there is no option on newer phones.

If you believe it is a software issue and you have already pulled the battery, time to wipe the device.

Get a complete backup of the device first.

Click here : Wipe Handheld

Click here: Clean reload of the Device OS

You do have the desktop manager software installed and working, yes?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
emaarkhan

Well i can't see anything on my screen all i see is black screen and white lights emitting light from 4 side of lcd. how am i suppose to wipe data. any other way to wipe data?
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Have you tried removing the battery?

I'm just checking.

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor
emaarkhan

yes i did but screen is black.i guess only thing left is to wipe all data n refresh my handset from Desktop Manager
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Here is your best bet, JL_CMDR by D_Fisher.

Here is the link: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

You will have to join the other forum to get the program. I use it and a lot of others do as well for situation like yours.

Look it over and let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Bifocals

New Contributor
NiragPatel
My Device: Storme

Blackberry Storm wont turn on HELPPP

hello i got a problem with my Storm i recently bought it couple months back and unlocked it and used it in Canada while i was visiting and i used it for Fido cell plane via Sim card, was working perfectly fine, until i came to US i tryed to activate it on my Verizon account here in the staes and i attempted a few times, it is a Verizon phone.. and suddently now my phone wont turn on and the RED LED light blink a few times and then stop and does it agian, i tryed to remove the batt and replace it.. did not solve the problem.. what is the problem and is there any solution to this?
Bruticus
My Device: Storm 9530

I just started having this problem. Phone is still working but the screen was glitchy for a few days and now it has turned black except for sometimes on reboot when I just get the static looking screen. Out of town currently and waiting for monday to hopefully hear back from tech support. Hoping to fix this on my own ASAP. I need my phone back with me on Monday

Bruticus
My Device: Storm 9530

I know this is an old thread but hope that someone knows of a solution. Been trying to factory reset using JL_Cmdr but I still can't tell what's happening on the device because the screen is not displaying.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi Bruticus,

If JL_Cmdr doesn't suit your needs try using BBSAK

This utility has a great graphical interface and offers more options when wiping and resetting your device.

Thanks,

Bifocals