Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
lhayles
My Device: Blackberry storm 9530

Re: I Need Help: Uncaught Exception java.lang.nullpointerexception

Even though everything is flowing well, I went back to my service provider (carrier) and decided to rty the blackberry internet package they had and I was told that the version I downgraded to was still not good and that I would not be able to have internet acess.

I was also advised that the version I got was a verizon version. I'm not sure why it would pose a problem, but I think I will just give up trying to have that service and wait until they are up to date with something more recent or advance.

My downgrade did come with cool stuff like vcast but I have no internet connection:smileysad:, but I did get couple games that I could play.

Is there a way to get more games by downloading and adding to my phone without direct internet acess through my phone?
Lucille Hayles
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm surprised your carrier is having issues with it... do they support BlackBerry devices?  The OS you are running on the phone is actually the officially approved OS for your device and the OS version should not effect your ability to access the Blackberry Data network anyhow.  What I'm wondering is if your PIN has been released by Verizon.  If not, that may be why Digicel is unable to set you up on their data network (assuming they have one).  If that's the case, you'll need to contact Verizon to see if they will release the PIN.  You should be able to do this via email... the catch will simply be figuring out how to get a hold of them.

Now then, as to downloading games, check around.  Some games manufacturers (e.g. Magmic) create versions that can be manually downloaded to your computer and then installed via the Application Loader in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.  For example, I have Cribbage, Daytona USA (car racing game), Mahjong Solitaire and Spades and I'm able to install all of these via my computer.  In some cases, developers can also provide you with a .zip file including the .alx and .cod files required to install their apps to your phone using the Desktop Manager.  An email to the developer should be able to assist.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
lhayles
My Device: Blackberry storm 9530

You are so right!.

Thats the same thought that came to mind also. It gets me so frustrated with them.

Imagine, I was able to get a confirmation text for the start up on V5.0 (which they said was not good) but yet when I downgraded I couldnt even get the start up confirmation text. Which makes me wonder, what the heck are they doing. They do provide blackberry services (obviously limited :smileymad: )

I will see about contacting Verizon. Let say if I happen to get the pin from them how do I proceed with that info? Should I apply it somewhere in the phone to unlock or release from their network or something? What is actually the purpose of the pin? :smileyindifferent:

I am looking for games now as we speak. I think that should be the easiest of them all.

Lucille Hayles
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

When you contact Verizon, just say that you got an unlocked Verizon phone from a friend and you're having problems connecting it to your current provider's BlackBerry Data service.  Then ask them to check to see if your PIN is still locked to Verizon or if it has been released.  All you need to do is provide them with your PIN number (available under Options > Status) and they should be able to check their system for you.  If it has not yet been released, they should be able to do it for you (although you might need to ask nicely :smileyhappy:).

The phone has already been unlocked, you just need the PIN to be released from their network so you can set it up on your carrier's network.  The PIN is the part that is related to data service... the rest has already been taken care of by the unlock as the unlock frees up the voice network (so voice, text messaging, etc).

I hope you're able to sort it out.  It'll take some patience, but I'm hopeful for you.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!