Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

RandyH
My Device: blackberry storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

I cannot use my data

I have a blackberry data package with verizon I bought a used storm 9530 from a friend and after tech support had me wipe my phone it says email is set up for enterprise server use and the phone has never been associated with a business it wont load up the browser, app world, let me send pic messages, or even let me set up my email for BIS how can this be fixed tech support at verizon doesnt know

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I cannot use my data

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

After painfully trying to parse your post (some punctuation would help), I am not certain that I understand your situation. ALL BB's will display, in the email configuration wizard, "Enterprise", all the time...that's always a built-in item, even if the BB is not or has never been associated with BES. But, if "Personal" email does not display, then indeed VZW is not properly delivering to you BIS-level services...if they were, then you'd see both Enterprise and Personal as available selections.

But, your post further confuses me...

RandyH wrote:

it says email is set up for enterprise server use

Given what I said above, is this still an issue? For example, if one knows how to properly look, they can perhaps determine if the BB was ever associated with BES...and if it was, and was not properly cleansed afterwards (a mere "wipe" will not do so, btw), then there could be a latent IT Policy on board that is preventing some services from functioning.

But, again, from your words, I cannot be sure of your exact situation.

Until VZW can properly register your BB onto their network and deliver BIS services to you, pretty much nothing will work. If they don't know how to do that, then you need to escalate with them to someone who does know how. And I am 100% certain that someone at VZW knows how...perhaps not the person you spoke to, but agents receive different levels of training, and some know more than others...just an artifact of the human condition, I think.

In any event, what you need to do is get VZW to verify that they indeed can properly create a BIS account in their system for your specific BB. If they cannot, then they should be able to tell you why (e.g., reported lost or stolen, registered to a different carrier, etc.).

Further, have you validated that the BB is unlocked from it's original carrier (if it was not VZW)? See this for reference:

Oh, and since this is a used BB, you and your friend need to review and be sure that each has properly completed their sections of this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If your friend did not fully complete all of the Seller steps, then your attempting anything is further moot.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
RandyH
My Device: blackberry storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

when i go to email set up it says your email is already activated for enterprise use. i spent over 3 hrs on the phone with vzw trying to fix my phone they everything is correct on there end and dont know why it wont let me use anything requiring data
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I can find no records of that message exactly as you have stated "your email is already activated for enterprise use"...further, I meant to ask you to tell me step-by-step, from the homescreen, of exactly how you get to that point. Please do so, quite explicitly. Exactly what steps you do and exactly what you see from each and every step. Please understand that this is very important to understanding your situation. Further, if that is not the exact and complete message you are presented with, please correct that as well.

All I can guess is that the message is accurate and that this BB is indeed active somehow on some BES environment...hence, the "seller" steps I directed you to in my prior post have not been completed, and those are a prerequisite for you to accomplish anything at all.

Please check this:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Again, please be explicit about the results of that.

Further, please double-check the other things I provided you above...especially that about unlocking the BB from it's originally manufactured-for carrier.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.