Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm on Telus
Accepted Solution

Image Errors using the internet browser

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many web pages that I am viewing on the internet browser, is displaying error icons for pictures.  Google weather, for example (i.e. 'city's name' weather), has a series of simple basic pictures.  These are now suddenly showing up as red x's.  This is also occuring for many other webpages.

It only started all of a sudden in the middle of this week, but was working perfectly fine prior.

No changes were made to any of the settings between the time that this was working, and when the errors started occuring.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be phenomenal! 

Thanks!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Image Errors using the internet browser

Here are a couple of easy things to try.

In the BlackBerry browser, press the BB Menu button and select Options.  Go to Cache Operations and Clear History.

See if that helps.  If not, try a battery pull.  With the phone on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds before reinserting the battery.  Wait for the phone to reboot (~5 minutes) and then see if it works then.

Keep us posted and if it doesn't help, we'll go to the next step.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Super Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550 OS 5.0
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello. Try clearing the browser cache. Go to options > advanced and in the memory options you will be able to clear out the browser. It may just be too full and therefore blocking graphic web pages from loading. Good luck.

If I or any one else helps resolve your issue, please click the KUDOS!!

REMEMBER TO RESOLVE YOUR THREAD! PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE ACCEPTED SOLUTION ON THE POST THAT RESOLVES YOUR PROBLEM SO OTHERS MAY USE IT TOO!
New Contributor

Thanks for the help Krypto and GMAN.  Unfortunately, those attempts have not worked.  I did already try those ideas, but I did do them again for safe measure.

The errors are still occuring, and I just tested it using different sites to ensure it wasn't simply a conflict with the basic series of sites I visit most often.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

Elite I

Hey mike218, I've been trying to get more information and haven't been able to find anything yet.  I will request additional assistance from some of the other users.

:smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Hi Mike Welc:smileyhappy:me to the supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

When you are in your browser - press your menu key - go to Browser Configuration - is your SHOW images checked?

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

As well as "background images"?

Could you tell us your options selected?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

And how about signal strength? Is is solid or fluctuating? Does Telus have the equivalent of the VZW *228, Option 2 (update roaming profile)?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I

Telus does. Its *22803. Dial that, then 1 for English, followed by 2 to update the roaming lists. And just to add to the questions, are you still on the original operating system version on your phone or have you upgraded to their new one, v4.7.0.122. Thanks for the extra help everyone. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

Thanks for the help everyone.

Yes, I am on the updated operating system... Im beginning to think that may be what the problem is.

Browser -Telus WAP Browser

Selected - Support JavaScript

Un-Selected - Allow JavaScript popups

(All selected)

- Terminate slow running scripts

- show images

- use background images

- support embedded media

Browser ID: BlackBerry

none of these options have been changed between the point in time that there was no error, and now, where there is these errors.

Even on the mobile site for facebook, the 'thumbs up' picture indicating someone 'likes this', does not show up, and is instead replaced by a red x.