Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Developer
sandeepkumar03
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Inline Image in body of Email

Hi Storm users,

Can you let me know the behviour of email client of Storm? Does the default email client supports Inline images in body of the email received?  Are images displayed directly in body or separatly as attachments?

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

Re: Storm Users please reply, Inline Image in body of Email

Storm Users,

Please reply.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi there and Welcome!

Give us time to answer please -- we don't sit by our computers 24x7 looking for questions to answer.

The Storm supports some imaging within emails. With a message list displayed, click the BB key (the hard key next to the green phone key) and select Options. Then select "Email Settings". Then, for each account you have configured (controlled by the first setting -- "Message Services", you can adjust the imaging capability (which will be different for BIS versus BES). Turn on the appropriate settings and see what you get. Whatever the result, that will be what you can display in emails you receive. It attempts to display them inline...but the results are quite mixed (especially since the sender has overall control, and that also can often vary by email client the sender is using).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

Hi sdgardne,

Sorry i will take care of this. Thanks a lot for answer.

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

Re: Inline Image in body of Email

Hi All,

Recieving part is understood, we can receive the HTML emails.

Can we compose the email with inline image or rich text in BlackBerry Storm? (By using default email client or third party applications)?

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ridemnt

I am not able to see any images on my storm that are sent to my email accounts. i was on the phone for a long time with Verizon Wireless and she told me to do a variety of things. I turned on java, and even created a yahoo email address because she said hotmail isn't so great with blackberry. the yahoo account dosen't display any images either. is this just something the blackberry won't do? (displaying images in email's) If so that's pretty dissapointing, it dosen't seem too difficult to display images on an email.....Thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Ridemnt wrote:
I am not able to see any images on my storm that are sent to my email accounts. i was on the phone for a long time with Verizon Wireless and she told me to do a variety of things. I turned on java, and even created a yahoo email address because she said hotmail isn't so great with blackberry. the yahoo account doesn't display any images either. is this just something the blackberry won't do? (displaying images in email's) If so that's pretty disappointing, it doesn't seem too difficult to display images on an email.....Thanks for your help

Hi!

The knowledgeable article regarding images in emails is here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15254&slic...

The key statement, IMO, is near the bottom:

Note: For security reasons, externally linked images must be manually downloaded.

And it seems like, from all reports, that BIS's ability to discern inline versus embedded versus externally linked images is the issue.

They (RIM) are trying to make an email client (which, in a sense, BIS is) that is compatible with everything...and that's pretty tough to accomplish. I know that, outside of HH's, some images get embedded while others are external links...and sometime's it's hard to determine what it will be when you create the email. And all of the hops along the way have the opportunity to reformat it anyway.

And - Sandeep -- I'm not ignoring your earlier inquiry (re:ability to create, on the Storm, an email that has images)...it's just that I've not tried, so I have no knowledge about that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ridemnt

i'm still pretty confused I guess I'll take it to the Verizon store
Please use plain text.