Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is it possible to synchronise sent items from handset to PC based Outlook?

I've finally succumbed to get a Blackberry, and not regretting it yet. At the moment, it's positives far outweigh the negatives.

However the key reason for getting it, was the ability to read and edit MS Office docs on the fly, as well as fully synching with Outlook for contacts/diary and email.

The most significant flaw at the moment for me, is that I can't seem to see how I can get a copy of an email that I have sent to someone from my handset to be copied into the Sent Items folder in Outlook. The reason? Clearly this is a business device primarily, and often important emails need to be sent quickly from the phone rather than waiting to get back to the PC in the office.

You've got to keep these important sent emails, but I can't have 100's of important sent items cluttering up the handset! Anyone know how I can do it?

Contributor

Re: Is it possible to synchronise sent items from handset to PC based Outlook?

This only happens if your on a BES server, then you get full sync of everything in your Outlook. Otherwise your sent items won't show up.
If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Just in case 

BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Developer

Thanks for the two replies - very much appreciated.

I'm still trying to get my head around exactly what the BES is..... For example, I own my own company, and we are a web trading business. The website is hosted remotely, and our company emails are handled through our off-site webserver. They are POP3 based email accounts on the remote server.

I am thinking that this is probably different to being able to use BES? Am I right in thinking that BES requires a company controlled email server that is company owned and hosted that would manage a company's entire email system? I.e. one of these massive internal email systems that a large corporate (like a bank or insurance company with hundreds/thousands of staff might use)?

Can I use the BES with the company setup that we have in our company? If not, is it one of things that smaller SME's wouldn't bother with as it would be overkill for the size of company, compared to larger blue-chips that have completely differnet IT requirements?

I'd be very grateful if I could pointed in the right direction of what this BES actually is! I thought I was pretty IT literate until I started trying to work this one out!!!

New Developer

Seems like the best solution so far - is to set to auto-bcc yourself on the email settings on the email account you want to keep a record of sent emails - the downside, is that a new email will pop into your inbox 5 mins later as a copy from the pop server - but a permanent record is ready to be downloaded onto your PC later when you bring down the emails.

I'd love a slicker solution though - that allows you set this specific function up within the advanced Outlook synchronisation settings..... PLEASE RIM? Make our lives a little easier.

Oh, and a TAB button on the keyboard please!

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

what I did was setup an email adress strictly for CC emails sent from my BB...for example CC_email@mycompany.com and than setup a filter not to forward emails adressed to CC_email@mycompany.com to my BB....works great for me...also I am on BIS...good luck!!
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Let me explain something.

With BES (exchange server), you can do it automatically, the contacts, mails, etc. are wireless synched on your device.

For example, if you read the mail on your device (or pc), the message appears as read on your outlook (or device),

if you sent a message with the device the message appears in the sent folder on your pc.

There are a lot of companies offering the service for exchange server over the internet, you don't need buy one. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.