Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Jeffbbhelp
My Device: Not Specified

Is there a simple way to get and play a movie?

I've been trying all of the convert suggestions to get my current movies to play.  I give up.

Is there a simple way to get a movie from a site and simply play it on this Storm?  I tried on of these site where you have to download there "downloader" software, then put money in an account and then download.  I never showed up in the Blackberry Desktop sofware - maybe I have to look elsewhere, I just don't know.

On my Iphone I just go to iTunes download a movie and hit Sync. I can do it in a near braindead state.   I don't see anywhere to do this simply with this phone. 

Can anyone claim that they can go to a site, search out a movie, download it and play it like you can on an Apple or does it take so many steps that I just have to give up on movies when using what seems to be "still in development" software?

Thanks much,

j

Contributor
UndecidedBBUSR

Re: Is there a simple way to get and play a movie?

Did you check the format of your movies? I do own a Iphone too and it's really a problem to get the format right for movies to play in it.

If you are using the BB Desktop software, always use the Media Sync. for loading movies to your Storm. Hope it helps. 

New Contributor
Jeffbbhelp

Re: Is there a simple way to get and play a movie?

Yes, I am using the Desktop media sycn.  It just says - zero for files available.

Where can you buy movies that are already ready to go for the Blackberry?  I used software to tranfer from the IPhone/iTunes, but it still says zero.  So I'd just like to start over without trying to use something from Apple.

Thanks,

j