Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Issue while charging overnight!

Hello Everyone! 

I've had my storm for about a week now. I got it from my cousin who got it from one of her friends. She said that it wouldnt hold a charge and needed a new battery. I ordered two batteries so I could have a backup. I got the batteries and they were about half charged. I waited until that night to plug one up and then went to sleep. When I woke up the phone was off and the battery was all the way drained to about 4% and when I plugged it up it had at least 25%. I really don't want to have to buy an external battery charger because I don't want to spend anymore money on the phone. I have tried a whipe and reload of the OS and have updated the OS. I really love the storm and want to use it, but I am going to need help finding out what the problem is. (:

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Issue while charging overnight!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Two tests I can think of will help you narrow down the problem:

1) Obtain a known-good and already fully-charged battery...use it in your BB and see what happens.

2) Obtain a known-good identical BB that does not present this problem...use your battery in it and see what happens.

The results will help you understand if your BB truly is causal here...and, if so, only in-hand hardware-level diagnosis by a qualified technician can help further. Internet-distance assistance for hardware issues is pretty challenging.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: storm
My Carrier: t mobile

i have the same problem storm 2. got it brand new out the box battery had 50% life . placed it to charged on a wall charger that came with it  left it over nite an found it cmpletey drain by morn . alouth it had 50% battery life before i charged it tried other chargers same thing bought new batt same thing . help   the lighting bolt comes on but  dose not stay on  is it suppose to stay up wheil it is chariging

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ccinniss wrote:

i have the same problem storm 2. got it brand new out the box battery had 50% life . placed it to charged on a wall charger that came with it  left it over nite an found it cmpletey drain by morn . alouth it had 50% battery life before i charged it tried other chargers same thing bought new batt same thing . help   the lighting bolt comes on but  dose not stay on  is it suppose to stay up wheil it is chariging

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With what you say, it sounds like your BB itself is defective, leaving your recourse with whoever you purchased it from.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code