Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 950

Keeping Reminders for tasks and calendars in Outlook 2003 w/ BB Storm

Keeping Reminders for tasks and calendars in Outlook 2003 w/ BB Storm:

Hi all - yup, I'm a newbie to BB.

After years of using Palm OS and Windows mobile, I have an issue where dismissing a Reminder on the Storm, dismisses it in Outlook 2003 (Windows XP and Vista). With the other Mobil OS’s, dismissing the reminder on the device did NOT dismiss it in Outlook. Since the Storm’s snooze time is not more than 30 minutes, and since it won’t accept Reminders that are Past Due, I have to constantly reset Outlook’s Reminders and then re-synch the BB.

Anyone know of a way around this issue? I need my Tasks!!! I need to be reminded!!! I need help!!!!

…and while I'm whining, please programming gods, when you update Tasks in the BB, shade the Tasks that are past due so that at a glance, I (we) can find the newest Tasks quickly in the list. Again, the other 2 OS’s aforementioned do it this way and it makes it far easier to locate current and future tasks than having to change the individual Task's priority. Thanks.   

New Contributor

Re: Keeping Reminders for tasks and calendars in Outlook 2003 w/ BB Storm

ALSO programming gods, PLEASE increase Reminder time to hours and days! Please?
My Device: Not Specified

I also switched from a palm and I do find the software lacking on the bb. But you can extend your reminders on your calendar it only shows you up to a certain point but you can scroll up and the time increases by days. Hope this helps.
New Contributor

I certinally appreciate it. I did find that abillity, however the problem is slightly different and still exists. 

I am beginning to think that we just have to wait for Intellisync or someone else to come up with a more complete set of options. I just want dismiss reminders on my BB and NOT have them dismissed in Outlook.

such is life. Thanks again.