Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
ghatcher
My Device: Not Specified

Keeps rebooting

My storm keeps rebooting about every 20 mins. Have taken the battery out twice and put back in but does not resolve this issue. Anyone else having this issue?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Keeps rebooting

Do you have a microSD media card inserted?  if so, try removing it and see if the rebooting continues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Perhaps there is an application that causes the problem.

Try to wipe your device memory.

Backup your data via Blackberry Desktop Manager and try to wipe the device:

Options-Security Options-General Settings

open menu and select "Wipe Handheld"

restore your data back.

Contributor
Paris_Sappire

My Storm keeps rebooting and won't come on at all.  I took the battery out ... the SD card and all and it keeps doing the same thing.  Now I have to bring it in and get another one ... this sucks and just when I was about to give it good reviews.  This is disappointing.
New Contributor
TNantz

My Storm is experiencing the rebooting problem when used with my Motorola Blue tooth H12 headset.  It seems to work fine when I don't have the BT on. Wondering if it's a BT issue or a Moto issue? Very frustrating. Just got the phone on 12/31/09. The other thing is it takes about 3-4 minutes after it reboots for me to make a call. This is very painful. I use it for business and can't have it keep doing this during business calls..
Contributor
jgerboc
My Device: Storm 9530 VZW

My Storm is rebooting 2-4 times a day. Bluetooth is highly suspect but not yet isolated for certain. Looked at apps: Facebook, Google Maps, Windows Live Messenger, and Visual Voicemail. May be more frequent with Visual Voicemail but not sure. Other forums indicate other apps being used and they're having reboots too. Running v .75 OS. Changed battery but no help. I have a new Storm received today but other forums indicate even that's a waste of time. This is VERY frustrating. Further, when I call VZW or RIM, it's like everyone I talk to is drinking the coolaid. They have never seen reboots, never seen Bluetooth issues, never seen premature battery drains, etc. etc. When you call back to either VZW or RIM with the same problem, you get a different answer each time. I really like this phone but I also have a job to do. I expected "little" issues, not Palm OS type issues. This is truly "painful."

Contributor
jgerboc
My Device: Storm 9530 VZW

John, with all due respect, what will removing the SD card prove? The phone comes with the SD card! It's like wiping and adding applications back one at a time. If you need the application, you need the application. In addition, some of us travel and that's why we need a Storm-like device. It's very difficult to spend your limited time at home trying to troubleshoot your phone. This device has so much potential, but business people need reliability.

Sorry...just very frustrated.

Regular Contributor
smith9599

I have been going through this also.  So yesterday Verizon had me wipe and reload it.  That didn't work.  This morning they had me wipe it and not reload Outlook contacts or 3rd party apps...nothing extra.  Within 2 hours it rebboted 3 times so they are sending another phone.  I love the concept.  I hope they get things figured out.
Contributor
Paris_Sappire

The final conclusion with my phone was that the circuitry was fried.  The rebooting occurred as I was charging it and the battery became really, really hot.  So therefore, they had to replace the phone.
Regular Contributor
garyjones

My phone reboots about three times a day.  Usually happens when I get a sms message.  It seems to turn off and then about a minute later it will reboot.  Not quite sure how I should proceed.