Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
kwestuno
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Keeps rebooting

Ive had this thing for 4 days today. I dloaded an app that simulates a battery pull. I seemed to be doing it alot.

I ran it this morning and my Storm has been constantly rebooting ever since. I cant even get it turn on. Ive tried no SIM...no SD...nothing.

Help?

M

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spitz1

Do you have the .149 update? Mine stabized as soon as I upgraded. Of you jave that upgrade and are still having problems, I'd go back to the store far help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwestuno

I havent upgraded anything since getting it. And i cant turn it on to check...lol.

Back to VZW i go!

Thanks,

M

Please use plain text.
blah12343
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Bell

did you have to pay for a new phone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
999BBSA
My Device: Blackberry Storm II 9520

I've been reading these messages which I noticed started way back in 2008. It is now October 2010 and I'm am still experiencing the same problems as reported here, and I've followed the same solutions as suggested here too. Has there been SOME definitive solution or identification of the problem?

I've complained and sent the handset to my service provider (Vodacom SA) and all they do is replace it. Never a report what was wrong with the problem. I just get a "refurbished" handset replacement. Probably someone else's problematic phone. Probably why this fault is never solved.

I am now on my THIRD replacement BB Storm, and STILL this "new" one reboots / hangs / white errror message screen flashes and then handset dies / sometimes get a distorted screen visual.

At my wits end!! Should I be defecting to iPhone, much like Microsoft users moving to AppleMacs???

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sctne
My Device: Two BB Torches 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

This does NOT work with B B Torch 9800's! I have two and each one has gone though this TWICE now! They have gone in for repair and all they do is reflash the device and send it back to me, then 24 hours later after installing apps from BB app workd, they are baxk in the store to go to repair again.

I( have been a BB user since the old 947 days and this is the first model that wasn't worth the silicon that it was made with. Plus I even had insurance on them - that 7 dollar a month thing with Bell Mobility? Guess what, since it's been ojnly two months (and I have only been able to use the two devices for about 12 days in the last two months), it is not worth it as they will not support it or issue you a new phone as they will send you right back to Bell Mobility to0 get it repaired again.

RIM should just send me the reflash software to dave me the time of going through these repairs again. Also I heard that the hardware is to blame - something about faulty eeproms holsing the OS that need to be replaced, but Bell keeps reflashing and sending it back to you.

So in essence, to resolve THIS issue, you need to send your device back to your carrier and have them send it into repair while you pay for your contract fo nothing. Sorry for venting BUT I am very frustrated over this issue happening less than 24 hours afte3r recieving th devices back.

Something has to be done about this - I ended up cancelling both contracts because of Bell's poor support and un wi,lingness to provide a NEW replacement phone - read the fine print on your contract and you'll see that the carrier is not responsile for the hardware anymore like in the old days - especially only after 19 days after purchase and then 24 hours after repairs all in less than 2 months...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anangyuli

**bleep** it !!!

my 9550 facing same problem even more often....

Make frustrating.

I see posted from 2008 till now without solution, regrettable.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

sctne wrote: 

RIM should just send me the reflash software to dave me the time of going through these repairs again. Also I heard that the hardware is to blame - something about faulty eeproms holsing the OS that need to be replaced, but Bell keeps reflashing and sending it back to you.

well, you are a Bell customer, and Bell is a RIM customer. You are not a RIM customer. So if you feel the customer service is not up to your expectations, Bell is to be blamed.

Most carriers in France do not fix devices. They simply do a standard exchange. For free. So your venting is really about Bell and not RIM.

I suggest you go on the Bell community forum and look for solutions.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GeoffGuckel
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Having the same problem with my Storm 9500. Has this been confirmed as a hardware issue? Randomly just reboots, no repeated process causing it and then continuously reboots until I have it plugged in via AC adapter.
Please use plain text.