Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
joefishnc
My Device: Not Specified

Key Lock but buttons still BEEP !!!

Why is it when I have key beep enabled and I have it locked and when I put it in the holster, the keys still go BEEP...I want the Key Beep feature for the touchscreen but, when I have it in the Holster and driving, all I hear is the buttons on the side go BEEP...
Bre
New Contributor
Bre

Re: Key Lock but buttons still BEEP !!!

Same happens with me. I can't believe the morons who designed this didn't figure a way for the keys not to work when it gets locked. This has to be draining the already piece of crap battery. Just got mine and it's going back. What a piece of juink.

Also, this forum sucks. I see a lot of questions that never get answered. Is there another forum someplace that has people?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Bre, I don't understand what you mean.  The vast majority of questions get answered on here, and good luck getting better answers from the other places.  The community forums are a public forum and solutions are provided by people who stumble across the forums and decide to help others using solutions they've found.  The vast (and I mean almost all) majority of users are not RIM employees.  We are just like you and came here either looking for information or other.  In some cases, we don't know the answer, in other cases, there may not be an answer, or in other cases, a quick search of the forums would already come up with an answer.  Just because questions don't always get answered in 5 minutes, doesn't mean they don't get looked at.

Attitude's like yours certainly don't make any single one of us want to help.  This is the way that the phone works.  Features that you don't like, others do like, and I can guarantee that if they set up the phone exactly how you want it, there would be others who wouldn't like it like that.

The beep settings are like this and there is no way to change it.  If you don't want to hear the beeps, turn it off, or if your only problem is when the phone isn't in use, keep it in the protective holster.

Also, be aware that the Storm isn't for everyone (although most of us are perfectly happy with it).  If you don't like it, it may be best to return it and get a better selection.  If that means an iPhone, it means an iPhone, if it means a Curve, it means a Curve, etc.  Ultimately, it's up to you to be happy with your selection, and if you're not, there isn't a whole lot that venting on here is going to do for you.

Now, if you need more dedicated support, you can choose to pay RIM to have a BlackBerry technician provide dedicated support for your needs.  Otherwise, you're on a public and FREE forum, so don't expect the world.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Bre, this is a volunteer forum. You volunteer to ask questions, and we volunteer to answer questions (or not)... you can choose also.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Bre wrote:

Same happens with me. I can't believe the morons who designed this didn't figure a way for the keys not to work when it gets locked. This has to be draining the already piece of crap battery. Just got mine and it's going back. What a piece of juink.

Also, this forum sucks. I see a lot of questions that never get answered. Is there another forum someplace that has people?

well, good news for you ! if you return the device, you won't have to see if questions are answered on this forum. Your life will be better and you even may win at the national lottery.

There are exactly 24 people that read your post, and only three decided to answer you. You can say 21 people were wrong, I say one person is wrong expecting answers.

I didn't count but on all the boards on this forum, there are around 100 new discussions opened, and about 600 new messages everyday... Do the math : on average it means that one question brings 6 answers. Some questions bring more answers than others, especially when it's questions that have already been answered before. The search box on top left of the page does have a reason to exist.

as JSanders pointed out, the contributors on this forum are people like Bre : they are BlackBerry owners, who take their leisure time to answer other owner's questions. It is only natural for me to not answer a question I do not like, for example when the tone of the asking person does not suit me.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Bre
New Contributor
Bre

Since this domain is blackberry.com, I figured this was Blackberry support forum. Also, I didn't realize I was on the Storm forum on my last reply.

joefishnc asked a simple question in December on this forum. He didn't get a reply until I said the forum sucks and those replies were only to tell me how rude I am.

On a thread I started about keys beeping, an 'expert II' replied and asked if I had turned off key tones. Great answer; I want the keytones on and even if they were turned off, the key presses would still drain the battery. I have since found the button on top that puts the phone in Standby mode. No one of the 'experts' on this support forum could figure that out?

laguek asked a simple question about the password for pairing over a month ago on March 11th. None of the experts could figure that out in almost a month and reply?

There's a link that's a reported attack site that's been there since Feb 9th from user tinku who registered only to post that link. If this is a support forum, why is it still there? Who's running this 'free' forum. My Blackberry cost me a lot of money and I feel I am entitled to some decent support. Maybe if you support people would put as much effort into supporting instead of telling people how rude they are to ask for help with their purchase, we could get decent support.

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I just want to ditto Krypto, jsanders and Xandrex... Bre this is a VOLUNTEER support forum.  We don't sit in front of our computers 24/7 .  We are here as we can to help others. 

Maybe you should return your phone if you are that unhappy.  This is a great forum and the only place I go to seek my answers for my BlackBerry......  

Hope you have a blessed day..

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Bre, you don't get it.  WE DON'T WORK FOR RIM!!  If you want full support from RIM, you have to pay for it.  We provide support because we feel like trying to help.  

As I stated, sometimes we miss posts (and usually, once a post falls off the first page, no one else sees it), or sometimes, we simply don't know the answer to the question.  I only answer questions that I'm relatively confident in answering.

If you don't like these forums, then you are free to leave.  We will continue to help others who truely want our help, and for those who don't get a response right away, they can simply bump their thread in the hopes that other will see it.  In addition, if you don't understand how these forums work, I suggest you read the Forum Guidelines above.

Thanks for your interest and with that, I hope you have a good weekend.  Please also be aware that since we are here as volunteers (as the others have stated), we can choose to provide support as we see fit.  And if we choose to get mad at people who disrepect the unpaid effort we put in, well, that's up to us.  Thanks again.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Bre wrote:

Since this domain is blackberry.com, I figured this was Blackberry support forum.

Well, it's not.
Read the title of the window :
it is not : BlackBerry Support Forum
it is : BlackBerry Support Community Forum

meaning : you are on a community forum, that does support about BlackBerry technologies.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Bre
New Contributor
Bre

Ok then. I got the 8900 and it's a little better but still a piece of crap. Do any of you people know what a browser is? BB has the worst I've seen. I also sent this back and have ordered the G1 Google phone. Enjoy your BB people. I used it and its garbage. I can't believe it cost so much. For what?