Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

LED Issues!

When I upgraded yesterday, I had issues trying to access the browser, and also, I stopped receiving the LED indication when I receive emails or SMS.  I resolved the browser issue, however, does anyone know how I can correct the LED issue?  I liked looking at my phone in the distance to see if I received any messages, but now I cannot do that, because it does not flash red when I receive one.  Any help?
New Contributor

Re: LED Issues!

:manhappy:  I found the solution to my own problem.  I figured I would post how I did this so if anyone else had the same problem.  It turns out, that I was in "bedside mode" from my alarm, and when it is in this mode, its default settings have the LED light indicator off.  You can change this so that it is on when receiving messages.  To access this menu, just press the menu button and click options.  Or you can just exit the "bedside mode" option.  

I've had my phone for less than a week and had the same problem. The bedside mode was the problem. Thanks.
New Contributor

Many thanks.  Just got my phone and couldn't work out what was going on with SMS LED as I had it set up in the profile.  Yes it was bedside mode!!

THANK YOU!!!  This has been driving me nuts and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. 

With phone on pull battery and leave out for a couple minutes it called soft reboot should work but still have issues with mine
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

I had the same problem today. I fogot to exit out of bedside mode this morning. If you use bedside mode at night, exit out of it and see if that solves the LED problem. Worked for me!
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for this sensible and simple fix. Sometimes too complicated is just that.

I am so happy you posted this! Solved my problem! :smileyhappy: