Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: LED still flashes green after full charge (9530)

You're not alone ItaEst. When I first got my Storm, a few weeks ago, I'm almost positive the green light that blinks while it's charging would go solid once the charge was complete. But one day I had to unplug the charger shortly after I had started charging it. It had been almost fully depleted when I had plugged it in to charge, and was I'm guessing maybe 1/3 charged when I had to unplug it and take it with me on an errand, because I was waiting for a very important call from a client. I plugged it back in when I returned home a half hour later, but ever since then, not only does it never go to a solid green when charging (even overnight), it also will never hold a charge for too long now. Sad, since the battery is only a few weeks old. Sorry I don't have a solution for our problem, just wanted you to know someone else out here has the same problem. Did you ever need to interrupt a charge with your phone as I did with mine?
Contributor

hey Pejayde,

I just responded to your original post, or meant to, but I actually responded to another poster. Hope you can locate my post on here, letting you know I have the same problem you've described with the green light flashing during charging, but never going solid once the battery is fully charged. As you'll see in my other post, it seems that it's not really getting a full charge, even overnight, so maybe that's why it never goes solid anymore as it used to after it reached a full charge.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The green flashing LED indicates you have cell carrier coverage... it does not regard the charge status of the device.

The LED should never be SOLID green. Flashing green, yes, indicating signal coverage.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks, JSanders, BUT...

The only times my Storm ever flashes a green light is when it is charging. (Seems to me if it was a signal indicator light it would be lit whenever I had a signal - in other words pretty much constantly. Not just only whenever I plug it into the charger, you know?) So, again, the green light is never on, UNTIL whenever I plug in the phone charger, then the green light begins to flash. The green light goes off the moment I unplug the phone from the charger. See why it's difficult to imagine it's not an indicator that the phone is charging? By the way, so sorry, sure hope I don't sound condescending here, I'm just trying to explain how weird it seems to hear that the green light has nothing to do with charging.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Thanks, JSanders, BUT...

[ Edited ]

So now you know also another purpose of the green flashing LED, and that it will never be a solid green to indicate a 100% charge.You can set your signal indicator at Options > ScreenKeyboard.

Mine never flashes green on charging, EXCEPT if I have the battery run down to less 20%, and then tt will flash a yellowish green, and only until the charge gets back above 20% charge, not the entire 100%

Message Edited by JSanders on 04-04-2009 12:55 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Ok so I read all the post on here....My phone will sometimes do the same thing..  (JSanders)  my signal indicator is NOT on..  when I charge it.. It stays a constant green, At any battery level 50%, 80%, 100%...... I have noticed if it has a greenish yellow blink, it is not correctly charging.  A battery pull will allow a correct charge with a solid green light while in charging pod. 

So how my storm does when plugged in...

ON... No light at all

OFF..Solid green light always on and charging,

OFF... Blinking greenish yellow..  charging malfunction, Battery pull fixes the charging problem, and goes back to solid green after reboot and shut off...

I know the blinking G/Y light is a charging malfunction because I have let it blink all night plugged in/off, and I woke up to a dead phone, that had 60/70% charge before going to bed.

I know you said your phone is still charging, but with the blinking light. So we have different problems. I just think it may have something to do with your charger. Maybe try a different charger and see if it helps..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Contributor

I was thinking (and I'm no BB expert by any means) but I find it strange that we all have different charging/indicating LED'S .... I wonder if the OS we are using has something to do with it?

I'm running the 4.7.0.109 on a storm 9530.

I don't remember how the charging lights did on the official Verizon .75 OS, as for I pretty much installed the .109 right after I bought phone..

Just a thought... I wish someone could find a list with what features come with what OS. we are running.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

mine always flashed green with a little red off to the side when charging, then solid green when fully charged. then one day it went out and nothing no charge , no nothing. now i'm waiting for a replacement storm from verizon, should be here monday. never had any problems with it untill that. they swaped out the battery telling me the battery was no good, but then same thing happened the next morning. now they said it was a broken charging terminal? so i'm waiting.:smileysad:

budd.

Contributor

Thanks so much, High Range and Budd, for the input about the LED flashing, etc. Interesting Budd, that your behaved as mine did at first - flashed green when charging, then went solid when the charge was complete. If you don't mind, once you get your new Storm, could you pay attention to what happens with that green flashing light while it's charging, and after it's fully charged? With a brand new phone I'm assuming you'll see what it's supposed to actually do, and if you could stop back by here and let us know that would be awesome. I'm still guessing that by unplugging mine from its charger that day when it was only a few minutes into charging I messed up its battery life.

Good thinking about the OS, High Range. I'm a total bozo about this, but under "about" in options I see v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94) on mine. Is that OS info?

Super Contributor

Hello espritbonne

Yes that is your OS.  so your running .75 on your phone.

That is the official Verizon os. I'm running the .109 leak and I love it.

It gave it a super better battery life,seems to charge faster,  quicker browser, and a few small improvements,

If you search .109 on here, it will show post on how to get it and install it, I'm not smart phone savvy at all and I found installing the os. to be pretty easy..

Search the os,.109 and do some reading on it and then decide if you want to make the leap,  If you want or need to, you can always go back to the .75.

You will not lose any apps, or data stored on your phone during the upgrade. I had went back to the .75 for a day after using the .109....  I had to go back... It's just that much better!!!