Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: EUREKA!! Hope this will work for you too, Pejayde!

That is weird, but probably just like you said, it's related to the OS. Your phone was turned off while charging, right? As mine and Pejayde's were? Wow. The way they are all operating so differently and responding so differently to things we try... it really IS as if they're morphing into..... (bum, bum, bum, buuuuummm) .....  little Phrankenstein Phones....!!! :robotmad:

Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

Re: Thanks, JSanders, BUT...

i sure will. i just got my phone in today and it's charging as i type this. flashing green with a little red off to one side of the light. i'll check it out when it's finnished then let you know what it did.

budd.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Same here....phone was at 5% when I put it on the charger about 20 minutes ago and it was flashing but now it's not...must be over 20% now
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Re: EUREKA!! Hope this will work for you too, Pejayde!

Yes espritbonne, I did have my phone off. Ok so I put phone on charger last night again this time ON like I usually do except the other night, It had about 70% left on it. I just woke up and took phone off charger and it's at 5% ..I don't know what the deal is now..  I have A pod charger in my truck. I will try and charge it their today and see if it charges.  Might need a new charger myself. It showed the charging icon on battery last night before putting it into bedside mode. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

the little green and red light flashed all night and when i got up for work this morning it was solid green, no flashing no red in it. battery was fully charged.

budd.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

yaaaay!! thanks so much for the report, Budd!

So I think, for our Operating Systems anyway, we have it solved. Because mine has operated the exact same way as yours when I charge it while it's turned off (green light flashing while charging until it reaches a full charge, then green light goes solid) ever since I did the battery removal thing that an earlier poster suggested. So I was guessing my battery was back to being healthy, but really wondered how your brand new BB's green light would behave while charging. Thanks again for getting back to us! Hope everyone else gets their situations resolved too, however they need to with their own respective Operating Systems. Thanks again, all.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T, and VZW

Re: LED still flashes green after full charge (9530)

Espritbonne

To answer your question (if I understand what you are asking) is yes.  I unplug my phone all the time to take it with me while it is charging.  I have noticed that turning off the LED helps me with battery life.  It flashes red when I have a message so I know otherwise it is off.  I rare time I have turned off my Storm to charge it, the LED flashes a slow green, but never turns solid when it is fully charged.  It appears over time my battery life has increased but I have taken some of the suggestions from other on the board and it appears to help.  For example, not having my bluetooth on (unless using it while driving and having my Storm plugged in to the car charger), turning down the brightness of the screen, decreasing the amount of time the screen is backlit..

Hope those help.