11-19-2009 04:57 PM
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.1248 (Multilanguage)
This is from Verizon Wireless, and will work on any 9530 model by following the directions below.
Package Version: 126.96.36.199.508
* Applications: 188.8.131.528
* Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
* File name: 9530AMEA_PBr5_1_.0.0_rel508_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1688 .ex e
* File size: 132MB
Download the OS file here:
Instructions for installing either version on ANY carrier's 9530:
Before you begin, use Desktop Manager to do a backup of your device.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
11-22-2009 09:15 PM
This doesn't even work...
I try it and it "updates" faster than Loader.exe loads. What is going on with my Storm, ever since I did a factory wipe I can't update it.
11-24-2009 09:53 PM
Just finished loading to my Storm on Bell. Had to redownload MSN and Facebook as they didn't transfer over, and QuickPull had to be removed and reinstalled, but looks like it may have been worth the work.
Worked great big fan of the new SMS layout.
Still can't send my location via BBM5.0 however
12-01-2009 01:29 PM
Since updating my BB with the new software, the buttons are all off again. I've never made so many typing mistakes. Anybody else notice this? This is like a microsoft update...makes the software work worse than before instead of better.